Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    If they stated they are no longer going to give us major content, or major updates, they can at least give us fantasia now and let us have fun with this, with what's left...
    If you aren't having fun with the game. Then playing Dress Up Simulator 2002 isn't going to fix that.
    (1)

Player
    We are getting major updates, all the time. New storylines is major updates, new endgame IS major updates.

I want them to add the race/hair swap because it is a change, and a change is a breath of fresh air in how you view / interact with the game. I've done this on multiple mmorpgs and it does re-invigorate the game to some degree. Personally I would probably just change hair / face since I like the races I originally picked, but it's still a breath of fresh air regardless.

Some people don't really care that much how their characters look, which is understandable. Just realize that some people really do and this has a big impact on how they play the game.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    We are getting major updates, all the time. New storylines is major updates, new endgame IS major updates.

I want them to add the race/hair swap because it is a change, and a change is a breath of fresh air in how you view / interact with the game. I've done this on multiple mmorpgs and it does re-invigorate the game to some degree. Personally I would probably just change hair / face since I like the races I originally picked, but it's still a breath of fresh air regardless.

Some people don't really care that much how their characters look, which is understandable. Just realize that some people really do and this has a big impact on how they play the game.
    Minor story updates with one "new" aka reused/rehashed content, with old zones does not equal expansions like in the older days. We used to get expansions with new jobs, new zones, tons of new equipment, along with a very long story line released all at once. Those expansions were major, not the story we are getting now, which is nice, but can't compare it to what we used to get.

There is an interview where Yoshida said that FFXI is not getting any major updates anymore, you can't compare what we get in FFXI to Endwalker, now Endwalker IS a major update. Aht Urgan, CoP, etc, were all major updates. They basically came out and said FFXI is just being updated by the FFXIV team "when they get time", which is fine I guess. The whole point was this game is no longer what it was back then, you simply can't compare the two anymore. Also, we probably don't want to get this thread off topic, it's about getting a fantasia and simply showing support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    If you aren't having fun with the game. Then playing Dress Up Simulator 2002 isn't going to fix that.
    Where did I say I am not having fun with the game? Strawman is a weak argument with no premises. Also changing races is nothing like "Dress Up Simulator", which I've never heard of, unless you are implying I play FFXI for dress up, which is wrong. You have no idea who I am nor what I do with my game time. I've been playing my Mithra mule for a while now, along with my main character, and having fun.

We already have the nice outfits in FFXI, nothing wrong with a race change option. It literally hurts no one and gives SE money. Don't see the problem with it if SE said they would offer it, given enough folks want it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cesil; 08-17-2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typos!

Player
    Major content additions and expansions are different things, especially since expansions cost $50.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    None of FFXI's expansions were priced at $50 that I can recall. I seem to remember them being $29.99 or $39.99
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-18-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Player
    keep the hopes then. Over FF14, they eventually relents having jump potions on their 3rd expansions. Albeit FF11, again, having very limited chara customization. I don't see the problem ppl wanting to fantasia.

After all... SE did finally implement things that FF14 did: extra paying wardrobes just like FF14 did with extra retainers/saddlebags.
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 08-18-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    None of FFXI's expansions were priced at $50 that I can recall. I seem to remember them being $29.99 or $39.99
    It's 2022, inflation is a thing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    keep the hopes then. Over FF14, they eventually relents having jump potions on their 3rd expansions. Albeit FF11, again, having very limited chara customization. I don't see the problem ppl wanting to fantasia.

After all... SE did finally implement things that FF14 did: extra paying wardrobes just like FF14 did with extra retainers/saddlebags.
    Hey I remember you from FFXIV! I was Babydoll (Since changed my name lol) we used to do Chocobo Caravan together a lot and yeah, I wonder how difficult it would be for them to give us fantasias on FFXI...

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah they were cheap, and very nice, worth the money I wish we'd get another one someday but you know..heh. There are a lot of places left to visit in Vanadiel, I always wanted to see the Giants homeland thing, and where the Mithra came from. One of my friends used to have a website where he mapped the entire Vanadiel, it was really interesting.
    (1)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    Hey I remember you from FFXIV! I was Babydoll (Since changed my name lol) we used to do Chocobo Caravan together a lot and yeah, I wonder how difficult it would be for them to give us fantasias on FFXI...

Yeah they were cheap, and very nice, worth the money I wish we'd get another one someday but you know..heh. There are a lot of places left to visit in Vanadiel, I always wanted to see the Giants homeland thing, and where the Mithra came from. One of my friends used to have a website where he mapped the entire Vanadiel, it was really interesting.
    was you in leviathan server?
    (0)

Player
    The only way XI could ever possibly get another expansion would be if the upcoming ff16 was a total flop and BD5 was put to be nothing but online games, I hope that happens.

IF the single player game from the mmorpg division is a success xi and xiv are going to get less love (well xiv mostly cause xi doesn't get that much anyway)
    (0)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast