Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Athyrium
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 60
    I would absolutely use something like this.
    (6)

Character
    Awerlu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would love to be able to change my characters race. Plus more income for FFXI is always good.

We should see if theres support in the jp fanbase too
    (5)

I'd absolutely pay to change my character and a lot of my other characters on my other accounts! I know my BF will as well.

Please add this SE, a lot of people that don't check this forum would use this service!
    (5)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I put my vote in!
    (6)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is definitely a service that I would paid for. My character is almost 20 years old, I'd love to change her race and hair! Also, the inclusion of a small number of additional customizations for characters would be amazing, even 2-3 more faces per race and gender.
    (7)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would cast a vote against this.

Not because it wouldn't be nice or anything, but because of the logistics of it within the current reality of the development team. If you ignore that working on this aspect of the game is essentially the equivalent of lost machina technology to the Dev team then sure it sounds great. However, that is just not the way it is. The time for this was back in the early 2000s. The staff that were qualified for it are gone.
    (0)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    The developers are in a win win situation. If they DON'T want to do it like I believe they don't, the forums are kind of dead. Of course there will not be a high amount of interest in anything from the forums anymore. Wish I caught the AMA because I also believe $1.00 for an extra character beyond 1 is a bit excessive. I can afford it, but looking how other online games handle this, XI feels stuck in the past.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Maybe, they can change their minds. They do whatever they want but this game has always been better suited the Japanese audience. One of them recently asked the dev team not to be overworking.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Maybe, they can change their minds. They do whatever they want but this game has always been better suited the Japanese audience. One of them recently asked the dev team not to be overworking.
    According to an interview with Yoshida, he said that the FFXIV works on FFXI whenever they have free time.

You're not wrong, this game has always catered towards the Japanese audience and I do believe they actually get dev replies still.... I haven't seen one here in a long time, just obligatory "Game Updates", nothing like answering and responding to questions.

I feel if they really, truly wanted to offer something like a fantasia, they'd have made a thread themselves and possibly one on Reddit. Truth is, many people who play don't go to either website, so the only way would be to email a survey I guess...and find out that way, and even then people might ignore it.

They did say in the AMA that they would do it if the desire were there for it, and it certainly is, with how many people I see talk about it in-game and on discord, it seems to be desired. Even in FFXIV it took a loooong time for them to add a fantasia. I remember the thread got bumped by the same person every day, and they have that "Fantasia or Riot" thread, eventually SE finally added it and now they're making tons of money off it. :P I do expect it to be added in the future, hopefully when it's not too late.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You're not wrong, this game has always catered towards the Japanese audience and I do believe they actually get dev replies still.... I haven't seen one here in a long time, just obligatory "Game Updates", nothing like answering and responding to questions.
    We currently have the three community reps here: Okieeomi, Sicycre, and Zhexos‎ (cameraman). I don't know much about them personally and they seem came here from FFXIV. They did try to answer some questions here but somehow they couldn't. Just because they work for SE doesn't mean they know the top secret from the dev team. Few years ago, I saw Sicycre. She was a thief with an o-hat, scorpion harness, and rogue's culottes. That reminded me of what we wore back that 75 cap era.

I don't know what Sicycre and Okieeom do. Sicycre definitely changed her character from Galka to female Elvaan just now they both look like mine. Maybe because I love white hair? (laughs)
    (0)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast