Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Ugh, aint that the truth? I get 18k an hour soloing master levels. I set up groups that get 40 to 75k per hour. But then people tell me it's too slow because they can do better in some cleave party in Nest. It's annoying to deal with that kind of criticism.
    Can't go through life avoiding criticism. Know what's what, say what's what, and go on with life knowing what you are doing. Most people in this game don't, and you can tell them that to their faces. Gift horse and birds in the bush and all that.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    At least people are playing together right? :P
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    This would go a long way towards fixing botting issues without having to ban players.

If it wasn't clear, players who move again would restart the clock. This would use the existing auto disconnect function in the game already.
    It wouldn't work. Because bots can send out keyboard input signals to avoid being disconnected.

One way is to have the GMs send random tells to players in popular CP camp every 30 min or so. If they didn't reply proper human message they get disconnected.

Another possibly better way is to create "raid instances" that requires actual playing skill and gives better EP/hr than bot friendly CP camps, so real players gets better EP reward than people afk botting EP.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One way is to have the GMs send random tells to players in popular CP camp every 30 min or so. If they didn't reply proper human message they get disconnected.
    This doesn't work either because then you have legitimate players simply being afk getting randomly booted from the game and their parties.

We don't need to punish actual players being idle. The game has always allowed people to stay connected indefinitely.

Finding a way to punish entirely automated characters that doesn't punish people who are simply AFK is the only acceptable solution. And the only realistic way to do that is to moderate. But they dont have the staff for that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-19-2022 at 01:23 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    It wouldn't work. Because bots can send out keyboard input signals to avoid being disconnected.

Another possibly better way is to create "raid instances" that requires actual playing skill and gives better EP/hr than bot friendly CP camps, so real players gets better EP reward than people afk botting EP.
    No, no "raid instances", gross.

Game aren't sending any random tells either. Besides answering machine was partly made for GM tells while fish hitting back in the day, right?

So there seems to be an utter misunderstanding between solving all problems and having no impact. This suggestion does neither, and does not need to. No one change would solve all issues.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Seems everyone has forgotten about Campaign battles from Shadow Reign times in Wings of the Goddess.
    Remember when you fought and fought and THOUGHT you did a lot but actually only did 5% of the damage total, and walked away with a pittance of exp based on damage done, or if a backline job, by how much you healed or removed status effects, etc...?
    Why can't they implement THAT into certain areas of the game?
    THAT would kill all afk players.
    They are afk, do ZERO PERCENT of help to kill the target, they have ZERO PERCENT enmity, they receive ZERO PERCENT of the spoils/exp/cp/jp/etc....
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There was once a problem with bots/scripts spamming BRD songs in a corner during campaign as a form of leveling up. Devs nerfed that, and can attempt something similar for XP/CP/EP leeching too.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know why you're so against leeching, as long as people are not literally cheating by using bots and such, what they do isn't my concern. Sometimes unexpected things happen and people will return if the party is still going. I don't mind if someone goes afk as long as we're still able to proceed. The party will kill at least marginally slower without their input, if it doesn't affect kill speed at all then it doesn't matter if they were AFK or not, they were useless. It only negatively affects the community if people are actually cheating. Being a leech is not cheating.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't know why you're so against leeching, as long as people are not literally cheating by using bots and such, what they do isn't my concern. Sometimes unexpected things happen and people will return if the party is still going. I don't mind if someone goes afk as long as we're still able to proceed. The party will kill at least marginally slower without their input, if it doesn't affect kill speed at all then it doesn't matter if they were AFK or not, they were useless. It only negatively affects the community if people are actually cheating. Being a leech is not cheating.
    It hinders the flow of the game while providing the same reward. In essence punishing those who actually want to play by elimination of a pool of players to pull from. The cascading effects from this type of gameplay. Be it gear or any sort of group content is plainly obvious, yet plainly ignored and taken for granted.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It hinders the flow of the game while providing the same reward. In essence punishing those who actually want to play by elimination of a pool of players to pull from. The cascading effects from this type of gameplay. Be it gear or any sort of group content is plainly obvious, yet plainly ignored and taken for granted.
    If the other players involved are okay with that "hindered flow," I don't see the problem.

Back in the old days, when we spent hours in places like yuhtunga jungle grinding for a level or two, you could make the case that this was damaging i.e. people weren't taking the time to learn their jobs and they'd go into boss fights and stuff not knowing what they were doing. But that really isn't a thing anymore. Now most of the grinding is done by people who have long since learned the nuances of their job and after grinding the 1200th job point on several jobs and now having to spend even longer grinding ML40, it's pretty safe to say a player that's AFK for a portion of that time isn't damaging their party that's cool with it, nor the community at large. As far as punishing others by taking up a party slot, that's pretty ridiculous. Just form another party? It's not that hard, there are plenty of solo players chugging slowly along with Trust that are just hoping for a party invite. I know that all too well as I like all the unpopular jobs that no one wants (on a regular basis at least), who don't realize when they ARE needed, just how much more time and effort they spent to max it out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-30-2022 at 02:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast