Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Suggestion] Stop players AFK for 30+ minutes from gaining XP/CP/EP

This would go a long way towards fixing botting issues without having to ban players.

If it wasn't clear, players who move again would restart the clock. This would use the existing auto disconnect function in the game already.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 06-29-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    a) it wouldn't work, people would make addons to do something every 30 mins

b) people want to afk grind

Remember when they added Abyssea and it was super easy to level jobs, and people still preferred to afk level in worm parties.
    (6)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    a) it wouldn't work, people would make addons to do something every 30 mins

b) people want to afk grind

Remember when they added Abyssea and it was super easy to level jobs, and people still preferred to afk level in worm parties.
    A) Things aren't pointless unless every single person circumvents.

B) That is the problem.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A) Things aren't pointless unless every single person circumvents.
    every actual player likely will, because this punishes legitimate players as much as it does bots.

I don't have a problem with people going afk in an actual people party.
    (0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    hard enough to find get people to play with each other on the game to even exp. hence why everyone turned to afk exping. the game needs server merges so we can play with other people.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    hard enough to find get people to play with each other on the game to even exp. hence why everyone turned to afk exping. the game needs server merges so we can play with other people.
    If there are enough players to AFK in a party then there are enough to team up. Allowing them to AFK only makes it worse. People have talked about server merges for a decade or so now. Since they aren't apparently coming anytime soon then it further underscores the need for alternative solutions.

To anyone else, it's really simple. If you don't want to play then it should be designed that you don't get to reap the gains. Gaining without playing only blows back on players who do actually want to play.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But it's like I said. I really perosnally don't mind AFK people, as long as they're real people. If they're AFK, it means we (probably) kill slower. But if we're okay with that, who are you to say we can't do it? The AFK person in my party is only hurting the other 5 people with them, they don't hurt you or anyone else.

"It's my 12.95"
    (1)

Player
    The reason people pay for CP/ML is very simple, it's very slow to solo and people have high expectations (or the person thinks that way) to join a group. I remember ages ago asking a player if they wanted to group up and they said no because their gear was very poor and didn't want to slow me down (they had better gear than I did). Ultimately I added them and we had a good few hours getting CP, we set up a skillchain and killed much faster than we were previously alone.

If Square want to fix the AFK leveling situation, they need to do things to make it better to get your own. One such suggestion I made earlier in another thread, to allow players with trusts to display the LFG flag, this allows players to signal they want to group up and others will feel less afraid to ask if you do that. This gives them a greater chance to group up on location, it's more fun to group up than solo.

You can't stop people wanting to buy cheap CP/ML, you have to make it better for them to get their own without making it so easy it's no longer an accomplishment for serious players.

If you like to group up and are well geared, goto places you know lesser geared players are and ask them to group up with you.

Allow players to group up easier instead of making it harder as it currently is, add personal RoE objectives to reward players for doing specific things and that reward them with CP/ML (for instance 20 ws on an apex level monster or curing a party member), increase the level of trusts a little more when in a party. Things like this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-30-2022 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    the game needs server merges so we can play with other people.
    We do not need server mergers. If you are unhappy with your server, pay to transfer instead of trying to make everyone else miserable.
    (4)
    It's your server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The reason people pay for CP/ML is very simple, it's very slow to solo and people have high expectations (or the person thinks that way) to join a group. I remember ages ago asking a player if they wanted to group up and they said no because their gear was very poor and didn't want to slow me down (they had better gear than I did). Ultimately I added them and we had a good few hours getting CP, we set up a skillchain and killed much faster than we were previously alone.

Ugh, aint that the truth? I get 18k an hour soloing master levels. I set up groups that get 40 to 75k per hour. But then people tell me it's too slow because they can do better in some cleave party in Nest. It's annoying to deal with that kind of criticism.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast