Character
    Schaan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RoE - Ambuscade Primer Vol. 1 & 2 - Bugged

Hello,

I recently unlocked the Ambuscade Primer Vol. 1 & 2 (Daily) quests just this past weekend. It keeps telling me to kill the previous month's monsters: Mamool Ja & Aquans

I have tried the following to attempt to "fix" the problem:
    1) I have tried killing the required monsters have flagging the RoE quest. Nothing registers. I've killed at least 30+ of each mob type (Mamool Ja & Aquans).

2) I have tried registering both RoE quests, and then de-activating.

3) I have tried logging out (Shutdown) while the RoE quests are inactive.

4) At this point, I have waited over 72 hours since unlocking, and it's still the same.

I was playing with a friend who unlocked the same Ambuscade RoE quests the day after I had. He was able to obtain the correct Month's quests.

One thing to note, is that I did purchase these expansions for my account on June 12th, 2022. My friend has had this expansion on his account for years.

I don't know if waiting til next month will fix this. Please help.

Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You need to frame this post as a bug report (see the sticky thread in this forum section) in order for your post to be considered/read, otherwise it will be moved to the "not a bug report" or "insufficient information" sections.

However, this sounds like a character specific issue, and so it is possible (if unlikely) that support can help, but you'll have to contact them via the support center.

Did you try killing the correct monsters for this month to see if it was just a text issue?
    (2)

Player
    Like he said, you'll have to use a specific template to report a bug, as seen in this post.

Try killing this month's monsters -- qutrubs for volume 1 and arcana for volume 2 -- and see what happens. Try the arcana first. They are more convenient to find. Go to Ro'Maeve, which is all arcana.
    (1)

Character
    Schaan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you both Alhanelem & Tarmarkvar!!! I didn't even think it could be a graphical bug. Sure enough, that's exactly what the problem was. I flagged it, went out and killed an Lamia Idolater, and it completed the RoE!

I didn't even think to do this. Thank you both very much.

Honestly, in all the years I have played this game, this is one of the only bugs I have ever come across. But, I'll make sure to reference https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...n-Game-Bugs%21 next time.

Thanks again!!

Edit:

I would like to update this thread to add two things:
    1) The graphical bug did resolve itself after the next month's patch (with subsequently updated Ambuscade RoE+Rewards)
    2) While the graphical bug occurred, it appears the Ambuscade rewards table was also bugged. It was not showing the correct rewards. I could still purchase, but the names did not match. They were giving me rewards for the current month at least.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dubuasca; 08-18-2022 at 08:45 AM.