Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

An important change that should be added for people who want to group up for XP/CP/ML

Allow players to flag LFG while they have trusts out, allow players to LFG while they are leveling with trusts, allow players to LFG while they are getting merits / Capacity Points and even Mastery Points.

The LFG icon is very visible messaging to others that you WANT to group up, this is something people want to do but very rarely ever do these days.

XI has become a very solo orientated game for many more casual players, this would help change this. Nobody reads search comments and many players are scared to reach out and ask if others want to group up, this will tell them "yes I want to" and so make grouping up more common in the field.

This kind of simple change would not only make people group up more, but also allow people to make friends beyond this.

I can't emphasise enough how important I think this would be to the many casual / new / returning players XI has.

If there is some technical reason you can't do this with the current LFG status, then add a new menu option to show the LFG icon in a different way.
    (4)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-24-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Player
    This was inspired by a post from wow classic developers.

Nurture and Protect Social Experiences

The first and most important design pillar is: Nurture and Protect Social Experiences. The compelling social experiences within World of Warcraft are why many of us first fell in love with the game. To retain these experiences, we want to help players build friendships and deepen their relationships within parties, raid teams, guilds, and server communities. Online social experiences are a complex phenomenon and can be very easy to damage. Positive relationships build community, reduce toxicity, and forge friendships that have kept players coming back to our game for many years. We need to nurture and protect these relationships. One very big key to this is providing “Social Proximity” in our game, or what some cognitive scientists call “Repeat serendipitous interactions”. Put a little more simply, you need multiple interactions over time with the same people in a way that feels happy or beneficial. Classic WoW provided this in abundance, where you would often meet the same people from day to day while running through the Stranglethorn Jungle, on your way to a Scarlet Monastery run, or heading into Blackrock Mountain for a raid. As we roll out new expansions for WoW Classic, the pillar of protecting this Social Proximity helps inform our decisions about features like dungeons, raids, quests, phasing, and tools for finding party and raid members. When we make changes to Wrath of the Lich King Classic, we will make changes that help maintain Social Proximity, and in so doing, nurture and protect social experiences.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You can already flag seeking while in a party. It's the lfp icon with the star in it. No one does so because no one groups up this way anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Agree. Simple change really.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You can already flag seeking while in a party. It's the lfp icon with the star in it. No one does so because no one groups up this way anymore.
    I've played this game as long as you have and I don't even know how to do this, which means it's either a bug or pointless cause barely anyone knows how to do it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-25-2022 at 04:46 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I've played this game as long as you do and I don't even know how to do this, which means it's either a bug or pointless cause barely anyone knows how to do it.
    Well then, that is /thread, I think!
    (0)

Player
    So apparantely pressing "request" or typing /rec puts the flag up as mentioned.

Which proves there is no technical reason for it to be the way it is, which means it's easy to change. Just unblock the menu option, and allow players to seek party while they have trusts out.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    So apparantely pressing "request" or typing /rec puts the flag up as mentioned.

Which proves there is no technical reason for it to be the way it is, which means it's easy to change. Just unblock the menu option, and allow players to seek party while they have trusts out.
    But see. It already exists!
    (0)

Player
    The people who need it, don't know it exists becasue the menu option is disabled when you call a trust.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Well then, that is /thread, I think!
    I've never found a way to activate a party flag while in a party. neither the standard party flag nor the auto-grouping one that literally no one ever used because you had to be in the same area and auto formed parties are probably a bad idea in the first place can be engaged while in a party. what other party flag is there?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast