Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    XIV is solid but they do not have Beastmaster still!!!!
    If they put in beastmaster it would almost certainly be a "limited job." Which by and large, the commuinity doesn't really want.

"Limited Jobs" (BLU is the only one but they made a whole game system for it) have a lower level cap and are excluded from current content in order to allow them to be designed more freely without as many balance considerations (It doesn't have anything to do with "trolling" like some people think though.... People have said "If BLU could use the duty finder with everyone else they could troll by going into dungeons without any learned spells to troll people." But the reality is, you can troll on any job and there's no need to deliberately cripple yourself in order to do that....)

If the exclusion from current content was the only thing, I could live with that, but they haven't given BLU a PvP kit (which would be trivial to do) and are excluded from Deep Dungeons, despite the fact that they're tailor made to take on solo challenges, which is a dealbreaker to me.

BST would almost certainly get the same kind of treatment- they'd get something special like a monster collection mechanic, but the diverse range of monsters and the skills they grant, much like BLU, would make balance difficult and thus they'd have to be a Limited Job. No thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Well if they keep doing these exp campaigns, I might have to keep subbing. I was going to leave FFXI for awhile, but I guess not.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsuta_Man View Post
    Well if they keep doing these exp campaigns, I might have to keep subbing. I was going to leave FFXI for awhile, but I guess not.
    Amazing how it works. Especially considering there is not even an EP bonus campaign, and most of the campaigns are rather trivial. How many consequtive or nearly consequtive months of cards or chain bonus or monster rearing do people need? Is dark matter and XP chain worth subbing for month over month?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Amazing how it works. Especially considering there is not even an EP bonus campaign, and most of the campaigns are rather trivial. How many consequtive or nearly consequtive months of cards or chain bonus or monster rearing do people need? Is dark matter and XP chain worth subbing for month over month?
    Even with the campaigns it takes a while for an average player to get those job points. And I don't personally know everyone who has earned Master on every job, so.... there's always something to do for most of us. It really just speaks to how long the Progression Point grind is.
    (0)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Subs, priced copies of the game, optional purchasable items......That is rare for an mmo now and days. Many are buy to play, or F2P with optional buyables.

Then you have people like me, who may start a new account during a sale because nostalgia (Stupidity), thus have 2 copies of the game.

I strongly advise against this lol. I have one account (Beastrizor), with a bunch of stuff I like about it, and another (This one), with a bunch of stuff I like on it................ I wish I never purchased the copy during the sale lol, now I feel obligated to play it due to the work I put in. I understand some people like to "Multitask."

Anyway, it is hard to fathom FFXI not being profitable in some respect. It may not be as profitable as a company may like, but still profitable nonetheless.

https://www.fanbyte.com/news/ffxiv-k...drop-in-sales/

If true, I expect them to keep pushing XIV to the moon, no pun intended.....
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not rare for MMOs to have subs. the two biggest ones in existence have them. That by itself makes it not rare. F2P games are usually ultra predatory with the microtransactions. The whales that keep the good ones going spend way way more than what a subscription to a game like this costs over time. Sub games in reality provide far better value than most people think. "B2P" games can potentially provide the most, but tend to get less support as time goes on than sub games do.
    (0)

Player
    It's not rare for an mmo to have a sub, it's rare for an mmo to have only a sub.

Many games have optional subs on a f2p model, some have a sub and cash shop (and are predatory, which is why they never allow you to turn off viewing cosmetics on other players). Only XI has a sub alone.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4