Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Player Sp1cyryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    397
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If they do this I'm quitting, and if one person feels this way so do others.

    I'm paying 6 subs and multiple mules, if someone gets a special price for paying 2 subs I want one too for paying 6. Everyone should be treated the same.

    There is zero difference between paying 2 subs for XI and 1 sub for each game, all the money goes to the same place anyway. These are not separate games anymore.

    Also to be clear, it's not about the money. It's about being disrespectful to 20 year veteran players and giving new players a better deal. No.
    You didn't really address what I said. It sounds like you are just having an emotional reaction without really having anything to support it.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,302
    Character
    Lilpotato
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They did it originally because they were actively in the process of killing ff11 and converting players to ff14.

    If they do it again, it will most likely be for the same reason.
    (1)

  3. #13
    Player Sp1cyryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    397
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They did it originally because they were actively in the process of killing ff11 and converting players to ff14.

    If they do it again, it will most likely be for the same reason.
    Could just be to make more money, but what do we know about running an international company?
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    8,724
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I like FFXIV players coming to XI, I just don't want them to pay less than I do when I pay for 6 accounts and they will effectively be paying for 2.
    Then subscribe to FFXV and get the discount yourself. Maybe SE would be stupid and make it apply to all accounts and hten you can game the system to save money.
    Oops, maybe shouldn't have posted that here.

    Different people pay different rates for things all the time, it's part of a free economy.

    I pay less than most people to play FFXIV becuase I have a legacy account, which only people who played version 1.x could obtain. For some reason though, no one seems to be terribly bothered by this.

    Ultimately they're still giving SE more money if they take this deal- and again, it's money they might not get otherwise- It's not just FFXI and FFXIV, getting someone to subscribe to multiple different MMOs is a pretty hard sell whether they're related or not.

    Even without FFXIV, many people have paid less than you do to licenses for FFXI, as they routinely offer sales on it and things like the world transfer service. Why aren't you jealous of those people paying less than you did when you bought the game?
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    430
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Can't treat everyone fairly. Some players love 6-boxing and some believe the dev team can't create content that isn't being controlled by 6-boxers, therefore, they will need a GM power handling everything.

    I am happy to be in a free company that is being founded by the FFXI vets where we are allowed to share our opinions about Vana'diel but unfortunately the majority of them aren't coming back to play FFXI once again. Our free company house is being reimagined in Eorzea keeping the legacy of Vana'diel alive.

    Manage time wisely, my subscription of FFXI can't stay forever.
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    8,724
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Can't treat everyone fairly. Some players love 6-boxing and some believe the dev team can't create content that isn't being controlled by 6-boxers, therefore, they will need a GM power handling everything.

    I am happy to be in a free company that is being founded by the FFXI vets where we are allowed to share our opinions about Vana'diel but unfortunately the majority of them aren't coming back to play FFXI once again. Our free company house is being reimagined in Eorzea keeping the legacy of Vana'diel alive.

    Manage time wisely, my subscription of FFXI can't stay forever.
    Personally, as long as FFX exists, I will probably keep coming back to it. Even if I cancel, I will eventually be back, as has been the case many times before. I've invested too much of my life into FFXI's world, it's had an impact on my life and I've made friends that have transcended the game itself. You say this now but even if you quit, you will eventually be back. I know because I've done the same thing- quit, didn't expect to resub, and well guess what I'm here.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    430
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Personally, as long as FFX exists, I will probably keep coming back to it. Even if I cancel, I will eventually be back, as has been the case many times before. I've invested too much of my life into FFXI's world, it's had an impact on my life and I've made friends that have transcended the game itself. You say this now but even if you quit, you will eventually be back. I know because I've done the same thing- quit, didn't expect to resub, and well guess what I'm here.
    Story content could be the key for me to come back. Same for FFXIV, I am not hardcore anymore. I am more casual than before and when I think about it I feel like a retired player.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    8,724
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    in FFXIV, pretty much all I do (aside from the story) is PvP and soloing the deep dungeons, because i'm a sucker for dynamic content / punishment.
    (1)

  9. #19
    Player Zehira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    430
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While I love my FC, I have to be more open-minded with all my new friends on another server who came to XIV from WoW last year (yes a lot). I am pretty sure almost none of them know the existence of FFXI references in XIV. Only consider it a WoW clone.

    However, this game, there are still over 3,000 on Asura and almost none of them to flag up for a party and /yell filled of mercs. That's it and like I said manage time wisely. You can't afford your time finishing up everything in both MMOs.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,302
    Character
    Lilpotato
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    FF11 players are directly counted as FF!4 players, all the profits FF11 makes are counted towards FF14 on all financial reports. FF11 has a much higher profit margin than FF14 does (aka more goes to profits)

    This has been the case since we were forced to move from playonline accounts to Square Enix accounts (ff14 account systems). FF11 has not been its own separate financial product since this time and you can see this because it was not counted on any financial report after this happened (dq10 is and is much smaller), Yoshi P also stated this in a roundabout way on the last XI interview, where he said Tanaka effectively gave 11 to him and his ff14 project to carry on. There are more people playing FF11 than play FF14 on Steam. FF11 player numbers help FF14 player numbers more than Steam does.

    Since I'm effectively already a FF14 player account in every way but name by playing FF11 (x6), yes I want that same discount if they do this.

    The games has the same GM team on both games, the same server staff, the same community managers, yoshi p is directly in charge of both games, crysta can be used on either game. They are the same financial product.

    If your game is kept alive by a hardcore group of veterans, you should do nothing to make them feel as though they are being disrespected and effectively charging them more than others, this will do that. You are taking the FFXIV legacy system and turning it on its head, instead of rewarding veterans on that game you will be punishing them here.

    This is how you kill a game, if this is the intent then please carry on. However be aware that you will never be able to convert most 11 players to 14 and since 11 accounts are counted as 14 accounts you will usher in a massive drop in player numbers for ff14 if you damage ff11.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-24-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast