Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If it's from lv0, I don't believe you. From level 30, maybe. but not from zero.
    Yes, from 30. Not that that is entirely the point given the OP who is complaining has at least one job at M.Lvl 30 already and therefore my point stands: he could have an M.Lvl 40 already if leveling in a group.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    Except the original poster specifically said he has 5 to 6 hours a day to play. . . his words, not mine.

Oh okay. I missed that. I sit corrected then.
    (0)

Character
    Kynikos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would be willing to bet that every single exemplary party currently active on Asura is 2-3 bot characters PLing several AFK characters. SE knows this. We the players know this. Nothing gets done about it.
    (2)

Player
    Many players like afk leveling, fighting against that as developers is kind of silly.

XI players loved book burns, abyssea worm parties, summoner burn parties and now afk leveling.
    (1)

Character
    Kynikos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Disagree. it destroys the game for people who actually ENJOY playing the game to start with.

XI is quite literally a worse game now than it was 3 years ago because of this issue and it will continue to decline until the only people left are the absolute scumbags running and buying AFK leveling parties.

This problem is a game killer if not properly managed and steps taken to mitigate it; more than one MMO has died before because of precisely this negative feedback loop.
    (5)
    Last edited by Demonviper; 06-19-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Many players like afk leveling, fighting against that as developers is kind of silly.

XI players loved book burns, abyssea worm parties, summoner burn parties and now afk leveling.
    I have never played PLD, but I kind of want to make one now for Crawler's Nest (S) cleaving.
    If I play RDM/COR/SCH/GEO, I have something to do in the party, but if I go any other job, I'm just a leech.
    A party only needs 2 of the above mentioned to function for cleaving, but they all require PLD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 06-19-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    Because it will be a requirement for end game soon. i think i might just do what every smart player did move to 14, this game is not the same anymore
    lol every smart player...? lol no. People go to games they enjoy or stay with games they enjoy. They move on when they aren't enjoying it anymore. A "smart" player doesn't just go to a game like some sheep because its popular or they feel it will be the only one left.
    (2)

Player
    Also, I enjoy exemplary parties. Who wouldn't? Everybody loves a high quality party, whether you are getting experience points, limit points, capacity points, or exemplar points. It's a lot of fun to make a lot of quick progress with several other skilled players.

I haven't had many exemplary parties in my 18 years of playing. I have had plenty of bad ones and a lot of good ones too. I've had a few great ones. But I've probably had fewer than 10 parties I would call "exemplary". Which is okay, because exemplary is a high bar.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    I've done two M. Level 40 jobs in less than a week. No botting. No multi-boxing. All 6-man parties. And on a smaller server than Ragnarok. If you have 5 to 6 hours a day and know how to EP, you could have M. Level 40, too.
    What is your general setup. Are all the party members close in master level? Do you have to level sync? Where are you partying? I feel like if you are moving that quickly you must be doing Promyvion or Alzadaal/Nyzul.

I have been working on Master Levels myself. Right now I do dual box. Main character is Monk who I am actually trying to level up, and alternate is Bard. It's a so-so Bard with 3 song harp (from Oboro), Eminent Flute, and a couple pieces that extend song duration. So what I usually do is team up my Monk and Bard, then /yell until I get a healer and 3 random damage dealers. We level sync down to the Bard and go to Crawler's Nest. I've been wondering if I should hold out for a Geomancer and go to Promyvion.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    What is your general setup. Are all the party members close in master level? Do you have to level sync? Where are you partying? I feel like if you are moving that quickly you must be doing Promyvion or Alzadaal/Nyzul.

I have been working on Master Levels myself. Right now I do dual box. Main character is Monk who I am actually trying to level up, and alternate is Bard. It's a so-so Bard with 3 song harp (from Oboro), Eminent Flute, and a couple pieces that extend song duration. So what I usually do is team up my Monk and Bard, then /yell until I get a healer and 3 random damage dealers. We level sync down to the Bard and go to Crawler's Nest. I've been wondering if I should hold out for a Geomancer and go to Promyvion.
    We cleave with Magic WSs in Crawler's Nest [S]. The great part of doing this is it's actually incredibly flexible in party composition. The only two hard requirements are a tank (it does not have to be PLD; I actually prefer RUN) and a healer. I like SCH best but RDM and WHM both work but should be /SCH. It's important because you want to be able to apply Phalanx and Windstorm to your party. The other four spots can be DD but adding additional support will speed things up. GEO is massive for Malaise in Crawler's [S] and easily capped magic Haste. BRD similarly brings capped magic Haste plus extra Defense and Accuracy (we use 2x Minne, 2x March, and Madrigal typically when we're lucky enough to have a BRD). COR brings that sweet Corsair's roll. You may need to farm a Malevolence or two; dagger from Sinister Reign with +118 Magic Damage and useable my an array of jobs.

Basically, all you do is have one person dedicated to pulling. They keep bringing in bugs. The tank tags the bugs and spikes hate (this is why I actually prefer RUN because it has way more tools to tag and spike over PLD). Everybody at the party just spams Aeolian Edge and the bugs splat. Even SCH can Aeolian Edge with Malevolence. It's also an option to use Staff to use Cataclysm for jobs that can't use Malevolence. Just make sure the SCH or /SCH applies Voidstorm to anybody using Cataclysm. There are some pitfalls to look out for: you can only tag so many bugs with Enmity due to PS2 limitations (most likely) so if the pullers runs off and still has a bunch of bugs on him, just have the puller stay and do a few WSs until they thin out a bit and the tank can grab them all.

It may take a little bit to get the flow of it; especially the puller and tank. But once you get in the flow it's great fun and great EPs. And no matter what job you play, you should never have to leech in Crawler's [S].

Edit: We do always level sync to the lowest M. Level and when a player is M. Level 0 it goes very fast!
    (1)
    Last edited by Velner; 06-23-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast