Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Domain Invasion adjustment

As others have asked, please revert the Domain Invasion changes for Azi Dahaka, Naga Raja, and Quetzalcoatl. Spike Flail from those enemies was not threatening and was preferable to the other weaponskills the dragons used. Mireu was the only boss who needed adjustment.
    (3)
    It's your server.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Honestly it may be that the wyrms share certain resources and changing it on mireu forced it to change on the rest.
    If that's the case, then just leave it as is as I'd rather not be able to flail tank NQ wyrms than get flailed at mireu.
    (1)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think it's fine. Everybody will fear Spike Flail again like the old days.
    (0)

Character
    Imhkr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I've been playing since NA launch and this is the first time I've decided to register on the official forums to post feedback.

I'm a relatively casual player with nowhere near the best gear. This morning while participating in a DI on my THF, I got the last hit on the first wave of mobs, granting me the Awaken buff. This caused my damage to spike such that I became the target of a spike flail, warping me out of the zone and preventing me from getting my rewards.

I understand adding such an effect to a battlefield fight where players can coordinate hate management and damage dealt, but in DI there is zero player coordination. I feel like I was punished for being rewarded the Awaken buff, and if Awaken caused my damage to spike such that just attacking and using weaponskills (not even job abilities like sneak/trick attack) gained me high enough enmity to target me, perhaps the warp effect should be removed and replaced with something more benign.

It appears this was added after One Person on reddit made a comment on the AMA. I've asked other people who play who have never seen spike flail abused in the way the reddit poster was describing, and it feels like this update was made to punish an activity that never actually happened.

Please remove the warp effect from DI dragon Spike Flail.
    (2)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    imhkr:

You don't need to manage hate to avoid triggering Spike Flail. Just don't fight behind the dragon.
    (1)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I've actually changed my mind on this issue. It seems like this fix, which is aimed at curbing the behavior of one person on one server, is having the unintended consequence of trolling unsuspecting players on all servers. This is probably the best outcome the original troll could have hoped for. . . the devs extending their trolling to everybody.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    imhkr:

You don't need to manage hate to avoid triggering Spike Flail. Just don't fight behind the dragon.
    If you're a thief, you are probably standing behind to do Sneak Attack. But really, just don't do that and you'll be fine.

Given that the current situation asks that you avoid spike flail, simply dont stand behind the mob and you won't be the one to trigger it.
    (0)

Player
    ok... was doing my daily DI stuff, got Zitah, & for some reason... got insta-HP. Saw my chat log being terrorized. Asked LS mates & explained the gist of it. Googled & found this posts.

So weird for what happened on other servers creates another problem to others that didn't know about this. & yes, THF is one of my main & only coming back during return campaigns. Kinda sux having my time wasted tho & getting a hard lesson... ^^;
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    ok... was doing my daily DI stuff, got Zitah, & for some reason... got insta-HP. Saw my chat log being terrorized. Asked LS mates & explained the gist of it. Googled & found this posts.

So weird for what happened on other servers creates another problem to others that didn't know about this. & yes, THF is one of my main & only coming back during return campaigns. Kinda sux having my time wasted tho & getting a hard lesson... ^^;
    Kinda surprising that you do it daily but only just found out about the change.

edit: reading is hard
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 08-09-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    It's your server.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Return campaign just started so, not really surprising at all.

may or may not have missed the first couple days of free play and/or simply didn't manage to pull enmity until today.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast