Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    last I played are May's return campaign, & from what I gather... the changes are quite recent, around June perhaps.

However, as THF, noticed getting huge number of damage doing frontal, which I vividly remember already experience some years ago, hence doing its rear... at least until recent changes. Would probably not surviving this if joining quite late when one doesn't have time to summon trusts or it dies quick & didn't get participation reward points.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is kind of a messy situation; I've definitely seen more people complaining about surprise warps since the update, than about spike flail before it, but... there still kind of did need to be something done, because it was something where one player could sabotage server-wide content, with repercussions which would span weeks or months.

The damage reduction on spike flail was good. It makes it less likely to completely wipe out the entire group at the drop of a hat.

The warp effect is a little too much. Terror and resetting enmity would probably be more appropriate. Possibly add a cumulative three strikes sort of setup, where being targeted by multiple spike flails in the same fight gives you heads-up messages and then launches you to homepoint after a fixed number.

Also a potentially helpful fix: Modifying spike flail to only hit targets with some amount of generated enmity, so it can't snipe players just coming in to the fight, or trigger inescapable death loops.
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It really was so much easier than this. Spike flail just shouldn't cover the entire arena. That's it. it's a tail attack. It should be conal. That simple. Make it as strong as you want, it's range is/was just bad design. Always has been.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The Wyrm swings its spiked tail alll around. That's why it's called spike flail. It's tail is large enough to swat a wide area, not just directly behind it.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It is in fact not long enough to reach 30' in front of the dragons head. Yet, it still manages to do just that.

Every other tail attack is a cone. Now if they wanted it to be a full body flail, instead of a tail flail. Then fine. But it's not.
    (1)
    Last edited by Uriah; 08-10-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is in fact not long enough to reach 30' in front of the dragons head. Yet, it still manages to do just that.
    I mean, I don't really disagree with that, that isn't the point. its tail is clearly long enough to sweep all around it's body using the point where it attaches to the body as the centerpoint. It can certainly cover more than just your typical conal area. And Spike Flail dates back practically to the beginning of the game with Fafnir/Nidhogg, and it wasn't conal then either.
    (0)

Player
    cmiiw... doesn't tail usually came from the "rear"? perhaps u meant the dragon itself likes to spinning around, hence it's "flailing" does 360'.

Also, the suggestion DID say to stay at front, if the flail reaches all direction, kinda a moot point being whichever you stand, no?
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    cmiiw... doesn't tail usually came from the "rear"? perhaps u meant the dragon itself likes to spinning around, hence it's "flailing" does 360'.

Also, the suggestion DID say to stay at front, if the flail reaches all direction, kinda a moot point being whichever you stand, no?
    You stay in front because for whatever reason, the dragon never thinks to use its amazing 360 degree super death tail unless somebody standing behind it gets its attention. At which point... "oh, right, I have that thing back there, may as well use it."
    (2)

Player
    yea...
    sometimes I forgot we have "SE logic"... lawl
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    You stay in front because for whatever reason, the dragon never thinks to use its amazing 360 degree super death tail unless somebody standing behind it gets its attention. At which point... "oh, right, I have that thing back there, may as well use it."
    I like to think of it as the monster spinning around is how the attack works in the first place.thus anything in the way of its tail gets smacked.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2