Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Disagree. Spike flail should have been the only WS seen used by the lesser dragons because it was much less annoying to deal with than a long duration terror or having all buffs wiped. Fighting from behind almost always prevented those WSs from happening. This adjustment was clearly someone at SE not understanding nuances of the problem.
    I must have missed that meta, back in the days of trying to pop nidhogg, no one *ever* did anything like this. You had a tank stand on one foot and everyone else on the other.
    (2)

Nidhogg wasn't in Domain Invasion, where the damage is comparatively lower and the stakes are almost non-existent.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nidhogg wasn't in Domain Invasion, where the damage is comparatively lower and the stakes are almost non-existent.
    Your comment didn't specify Domain Invasion, it only specified Spike Flail. Which isn't just in Domain Invasion.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Your comment didn't specify Domain Invasion, it only specified Spike Flail. Which isn't just in Domain Invasion.
    I didn't technically use the words "domain invasion", but "the lesser dragons" and "this adjustment" clearly implied I was talking in context of domain invasion, since you were replying to a comment about domain invasion. What's with the pedantry?
    (3)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I didn't technically use the words "domain invasion", but "the lesser dragons" and "this adjustment" clearly implied I was talking in context of domain invasion, since you were replying to a comment about domain invasion. What's with the pedantry?
    What's with the pedantry? Ambiguity causes problems. Like this one. Precision is a good thing. Why be less specific when you can be more?

Regardless, the vast majority of experience I've ever had with wyrm type monsters has been "Flail is bad, don't allow it to happen." And clearly, that mantra held true for Mieru, if you didn't want to be a jerk. I only participate in DI very infrequently and was very unaware of the tactic you described. In fact probably most of the times i've done it have been mieru pops, where ppl actually yell on the server to get people to come.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-13-2022 at 06:41 PM.

For anyone who can follow a conversation at the most basic level, there was no ambiguity.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For anyone who can follow a conversation at the most basic level, there was no ambiguity.
    Thanks for the backhanded insult in implying i'm incapable of "following a conversation", but I disagree. Even if you think people can see through it, there is ambiguity. The ease with which you think someone can make the correct determination is irrelevant. If it's even possible to come to multiple different conclusions, there is ambiguity- it exists on e a spectrum, there is no simple "yes ambiguous" or "not ambiguous."

Precision is always better, no matter how basic or how obvious you think things are. A properly written post will leave little to no room for anyone, no matter who they are, to come up with an incorrect conclusion or some response that would be unrelated in that context.

If you said "spike flail in domain invasion" there would have been no room for anyone to even think of spike flail being used by any other monsters.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-14-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Thank you for the increased cap on Master Levels. I enjoy forming parties and earning levels. And the large number of points to level up really feels like an accomplishment. I already have one job at L40 and another at L38 and am still loving the grind!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    Thank you for the increased cap on Master Levels. I enjoy forming parties and earning levels. And the large number of points to level up really feels like an accomplishment. I already have one job at L40 and another at L38 and am still loving the grind!
    Unsure if this is a serious post?
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Unsure if this is a serious post?
    Yes, it is an earnest post. I genuinely enjoy the grind and having those large goals to accomplish. I currently have two L40 jobs (DRK; RUN) and we are working on number three. I wanted to ensure that the developers got positive feedback on the increased cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Velner; 06-16-2022 at 05:43 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast