Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[Suggestion] Equipment from BCNMs only for instanced party.

Equipment from things like AMAN Trove and High Tier Battlefields should only be lottable by players from the instance. Not from players that join the party after the fact.

For example players complete an AMAN Trove or certain High Tier Battlefields and then spam yells in town to sell the drops for gil. This is easily a net negative on the game itself.

As an easy solution, only players under the instance status (burning circle icon) should be able to lot items. The BCNM status effect can just be changed to remain on after the end of one in the same manner as the campaign battle status after the end of a campaign. This way players can not just join and lot as they did not participate in the event.

This would go a long way towards fixing some issues in the community.
    (5)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 06-08-2022 at 02:36 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agree 100%
    (1)

Player
    What's wrong with people selling AMAN Trove drops for gil?
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    a lot of ppl dislike mercing in general. i.e. enabling people to eat their cake without getting it themselves
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    It's not specifically AMAN trove, but all BCNMs with zones you can lot in without participating in the content.

As for the question directly. Players Merc, buy gil, and/or otherwise spam tells just for AMAN Trove. It's not trove itself, but how it falls into the picture of the whole. Players basically turn XI into an offline Gatcha game. It is hurting the viability of the game itself, and not just the experience of playing it.
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I just finished my last ambu weapon, already have nearly every Ou drop, etc.
    I have friends who don't have these, why must they sit around in zone + in party while I pop orbs when I can just be like, "hey X dropped, anyone want it? Come get it!" when something finally does drop. (I bring my jeuno bazaar to zone when I trove so there's a party w/ someone who has nothing to make sure it at least shows up in pool)

Unlike Asura, Ragnarok barely has anyone shouting to buy/sell orbs, and there's effectively no merc'ing of drops.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    I just finished my last ambu weapon, already have nearly every Ou drop, etc.
    I have friends who don't have these, why must they sit around in zone + in party while I pop orbs when I can just be like, "hey X dropped, anyone want it? Come get it!" when something finally does drop. (I bring my jeuno bazaar to zone when I trove so there's a party w/ someone who has nothing to make sure it at least shows up in pool)

Unlike Asura, Ragnarok barely has anyone shouting to buy/sell orbs, and there's effectively no merc'ing of drops.
    You would just go do it together.

Otherwise, your last point there is entirely moot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 06-09-2022 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Another example since you mentioned not only TROVE.
    Three days ago a friend who is our BLM in Ongo (we just got to ongo v20) didn't have twilight cloak. We went in separately to get more proc kills in a single day's blunt window. I was the one who saw the cloak drop.

If he had to participate in every run, it would have taken 3x as long to get him the drop.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Another example since you mentioned not only TROVE.
    Three days ago a friend who is our BLM in Ongo (we just got to ongo v20) didn't have twilight cloak. We went in separately to get more proc kills in a single day's blunt window. I was the one who saw the cloak drop.

If he had to participate in every run, it would have taken 3x as long to get him the drop.
    And if he were you then it would have taken them the exact same amount of time since you actually did the content.

It's not that it's inherently a net negative. It is that it has been turned into one by the community in the current age.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    a lot of ppl dislike mercing in general. i.e. enabling people to eat their cake without getting it themselves
    Yea but theres so many addons and stuff that make the cake thing way worse, this doesnt really seem that bad least as far as i know people aren't hacking it(I wouldn't be surprised if they were.). How many illegal mythics have people made with all seeing eye, how much afk exp have people got from paying bots?All of these are defended by the playerbase as QoL improvments but w/e. Mercing does kill the game so does multiboxing, it makes people not party up and just want to take advantage of other players.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast