Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So how does REMA compare? The result is rare ex, but the materials to turn in are not all rare ex, ie alex, dynamis currency, hp byald. Do you farm them all yourself? Buying none?
    It was a conscious decision to allow certain items ("currency" materials) to be exchanged freely. The REMAs are all a multi-step process. There are quest elements, combat elements, material elements (the currency), etc. It was designed to be done via combination of efforts. And again, buying items that are intended to be sold on the AH from the AH is not equivalent to mercing items that were not designed to be obtained that way.

Even if you buy all currency items, there is still a lot of work to a REMA that you can only complete by actually doing it- the dynamis quests/coalition assignments/assault requirements, the magian trials, weapon skill usage, etc.

Everything was done the way it was done for a reason, the devs didn't make the currency exchangable for poops and giggles, nor were EX drops from BCNMs flagged as such for giggles either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-13-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So criteria for legitimate sales/actions is anything that is able to be sold on AH and bazaar only? Why not ask SE to remove gil all together then and make everything have to be done via batter system, items for items. Did SE not setup the economy so that we the players control it? Mercing is just an extension of this, a player controlled market, setting the prices for services and drops.

To me those that complain about merc so much are likely jealous of them that they can't do it. We the players control how the economy works, we don't need SE to come in from on high to change things that we run ourselves. If you don't like people that buy items from others, don't play with them then, call them out on it, etc. But don't take away their freedom to do what they want to do, it is their choice.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    So criteria for legitimate sales/actions is anything that is able to be sold on AH and bazaar only? Why not ask SE to remove gil all together then and make everything have to be done via batter system, items for items. Did SE not setup the economy so that we the players control it? Mercing is just an extension of this, a player controlled market, setting the prices for services and drops.

To me those that complain about merc so much are likely jealous of them that they can't do it. We the players control how the economy works, we don't need SE to come in from on high to change things that we run ourselves. If you don't like people that buy items from others, don't play with them then, call them out on it, etc. But don't take away their freedom to do what they want to do, it is their choice.
    Your post is entirely hyperbolic. This isn't a matter of taking away your "freedom", lol. SE has regularly changed the economy of the game over the years. A black market impacting basic interaction negatively is also not an economy.

Be easier to just admit that you only care about your personal experience and don't care how others are impacted.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

The short way to respond to this is this isn't Real Life(tm), nor is it 'Murica. This is a fantasy game that was built and designed in a certain way with mechanics that had a designed method of usage. When those mechanics are misused in unintended ways, it is damaging to players that are following the intended mechanics. Beyond this, "What spicy said."
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't know what spicy said, he is on my ignore list. SE never intended ninja to be tank, yet we the players have used it to tank for many years. IF SE really cared about the game they would enforce the rules they already have in place, but I'm guessing someone in accounting totaled up how much money they'd lose by banning and SE has chosen to turn a blind eye and make only a few examples out of those breaking TOS.

Ie the gilsellers wouldn't be there if there wasn't gilbuyers. If people didn't buy gil, then likely there would be less merc because of the fact they wouldn't be able to pay the amounts to make merc worth the time.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't know what spicy said, he is on my ignore list. SE never intended ninja to be tank, yet we the players have used it to tank for many years. IF SE really cared about the game they would enforce the rules they already have in place, but I'm guessing someone in accounting totaled up how much money they'd lose by banning and SE has chosen to turn a blind eye and make only a few examples out of those breaking TOS.

Ie the gilsellers wouldn't be there if there wasn't gilbuyers. If people didn't buy gil, then likely there would be less merc because of the fact they wouldn't be able to pay the amounts to make merc worth the time.
    Of course I am on your ignore list. Debate be far too onerous.

Bit distasteful to come into the thread of someone on your ignore list only to post and ignore them. You could have just ignored the whole thread then.

Otherwise the whole framework for your argument continues to be either irrelevant (NIN tank), fallacious (SE doesn't care), or baselessly speculative to no ends (SE just wants mercs 12.95).

You have only served to emotionally derail the thread. This idea for BCNM instances being shared more would better serve for it to pick up traction and one day solve a lot of problems in the community.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know what spicy said, he is on my ignore list.
    You can still selectively view a blocked user's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan
    Your post is entirely hyperbolic. This isn't a matter of taking away your "freedom", lol. SE has regularly changed the economy of the game over the years. A black market impacting basic interaction negatively is also not an economy.

Be easier to just admit that you only care about your personal experience and don't care how others are impacted.
    It's a bit funny how i've ended up coming out swinging recently for someone who i've historically struggled to get along with lol
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    selectively viewing a post from someone you set to ignore defeats the purpose of the ignore list.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    selectively viewing a post from someone you set to ignore defeats the purpose of the ignore list.
    No it doesn't. Sometimes it may be necessary when the context of a conversation is too obscured by others interacting with that person on a topic you're otherwise interested in. It still serves as a flag that says "someone I don't like or whom i've regarded as trolling/not constructive/whatever" is participating in this thread. It can be a good thing to be able to weigh in a given circumstance how likely it is to be worth reading that post in spite of the person who made it.
    (1)

Character
    Kabaneri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Cloud from FFVII was a Merc and was paid for he's work.

Please understand the lore of the game you are playing.
    (1)
    Last edited by leia; 06-14-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast