Greetings, adventurers!
Matsui here with your FINAL FANTASY XI information roundup.

Our 20th Vana’versary Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign was wildly successful, with a huge number of new and returning players coming back to Vana’diel—or experiencing it for the first time. I’m honored that so many of you wanted to celebrate this milestone with us. Thank you for your support!

Our 20th Vana’versary broadcast was also a rousing success, and I was thrilled to spend some time with you. Even though the broadcast itself was only in Japanese,
I really wanted to do something that could bring everyone from various countries and regions together, so we chose to broadcast a bevy of screenshots set to the latest rendition of Vana’diel March to close out the show.
Even though each screenshot represented a precious individual memory, I think we were all able to recognize a little bit of ourselves in each individual scene and perhaps relive some of our own personal experiences in Vana’diel at the same time. Hopefully they inspire you to continue finding wonderful adventures in Vana’diel.

The past few weeks I’ve been scouring social media for everyone’s impressions on the refurbished A.M.A.N. Trove, and I was honestly a little worried that perhaps the reward settings were a touch off because there are so many people posting that they’re received some fabulous reward or other. Maybe my character is just cursed...?

But not to worry, everything seems to be all set with the loot tables, so let’s set our sob stories aside and get right into the June version update.

First up is part two of The Voracious Resurgence, Chapter 8. Thanks to the tireless efforts(?) of fan favorites Maat and Mumor, the latest chapter is about to reach a conclusion. We’ve also got a new suite of related Record of Eminence objectives coming in July, so keep an eye out for those.

Ambuscade Volume 1 features the return of qutrubs, with Volume 2 boasting an all-new doll battle.
We’ve made some adjustments to the qutrub battle from its previous incarnation, so it should post fewer headaches than the last go around. Just be careful that your HP doesn’t stay too low for too long.
The goal of the doll battle is to defeat the main boss, but focusing on its entourage first will make things a little bit easier. I’m eager to see what strategies you come up it.

We’ve also made some adjustments to Domain Invasion, in particularly the Spike Flail ability used by particular foes. This is not really a balance adjustment per se, but rather a targeted change to Domain Invasion, which in content intended to be enjoyed by everyone on a particular server. Non-Domain Invasion wyrms will continue to use the same pre-version update version of Spike Flail. If this targeted adjustment doesn’t yield the results we’re hoping for, then we will continue to make further changes, so be sure to let us know if we’ve missed the mark.

FINAL FANTASY XI’s success over the past twenty years was the result of a lot of hard work by the team, a lot of love from the players, and the strength of our community as players and developers. Though every live service game has its ups and downs, I will continue stating until the end of time that without your steadfast support, FINAL FANTASY XI would not be in the wonderful place that it is today. We’ve got a lot more content coming down the pipeline to bring you, and we hope you’ll be with us every step of the way.

Until then...see you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
June Records of Eminence・ Update monthly objectives -
JuneThe Voracious Resurgence・ Add new quests -
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
JuneAmbuscade・ Replace notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
JuneAreas・ Remove level difference penalty in certain areas-
JuneTitles・ Add new titles-