Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Why not create a Kickstarter to crowd fund things such as expansions?

I am fully aware FFXI has a small budget, however it also has a dedicated fanbase.

If you cannot fund things outside of basic running costs and basic updates, why not attempt a kickstarter project to allow us to give the developers money to make things such as an expansion?

If a community manager sees this can you pass it along and see if the developers are open to the idea or if Square would even allow such a thing? It's a shame to see how little money 11 has for new content, when it has a very passionate audience of players willing to support it more if it means we get more things in the game.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Kickstarter is for new projects, not to improve old ones.

I'm also generally against large corporations using kickstarters for anything, it makes it a PR stunt rather than a genuine "we need money to make this happen" kind of thing.
    (0)

Player
    Kickstarter is for whatever you want it to be for.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Kickstarter is for whatever you want it to be for.
    No, it really isn't. I want it to be for promoting the use of purple jelly beans in the political campaigns of African nations. Somehow, I don't think that will pass muster under their standards.

Kickstarters purpose is crowfunding a project, generally to create something new. Large corporations generally do not need to crowdfund projects, and I oppose their involvement in general.
    (0)

Player
    So don't back it, why is your personal opinion about what kickstarter should be an issue.
    (4)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd back it.
    (3)
    It all began with a stone...

I would back it if it included an overhaul to get the game running well on modern hardware, else its just going to annoy me playing at 29FPS.

It needs DirectX9+ support.

60 Frames per second support.

Draw distance upgrade, the maximum currently is extremely close to the character.

Subscription merged into FF14s "Standard" subscription, this will boost the player population in FF11 and will also boost it in FF14 for people like me who unsub sometimes, I would keep it active all year round, don't you like easy money SE?
    (0)

Player
    What you're talking about is really expensive.... too expensive to be funded by just a Kickstarter
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I know you guys really really really want SE to reinvest into the game, but a Kickstarter they aren't interested in dealing with. Is not going to get you any results.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    So don't back it, why is your personal opinion about what kickstarter should be an issue.
    I mean, it's not going to happen, so there isn't anything for me to not back.

I only back independent projects where the money is actually needed to bring the project to completion.
    SE doesn't need the money, I've already given them probably like $2000 in sub fees there are people with several characters or multiple accounts who have given them even more, they have plenty of other successful projects bringing in tons of money. They should just do it, without a kickstarter.

I know you guys really really really want SE to reinvest into the game, but a Kickstarter they aren't interested in dealing with. Is not going to get you any results.
    Thanks for writing a post I can like.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-27-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast