Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Fixing Nuke/BP Wall + Adding WS Wall

I feel as though the nuke wall and BP wall is an issue of abusing a specific advantage and stacking it. I would feel very comfortable if there was a nuke wall and bloodpact wall only if the sources were coming from different players of the same job.

For example, 3 blm death bursting would receive a penalty on 2/3 blm, but a geo, a sch, and a blm all bursting would receive no penalty. This would open up using other jobs in ways originally intended and go with the flow of odyssea where multiple jobs are required. Geo nuking and sch nuking would become relevant again. A single smn using apogee or conduit would be useful again.

It would make each job feel more of their own and promote better combinations and less abusing an advantage.

I would also love to see a similar this taken towards weaponskills. If one person is spamming savage blade there's no penalty. If the entire party is spamming savage blade then a weaponskill wall is implemented to deter mindless savage blade spamming and have players consider using more then one weaponskill.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This would certainly be preferable to the way things are now.

Someone did ask a balancing question likely relating to this on the AMA, but it was too vague and probably was more referncing things like the great BST nerf.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I support keeping the Nuke wall. I also support adding the mechanic from divergence towards rapid WS/BP spam towards all NMs.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    I support keeping the Nuke wall. I also support adding the mechanic from divergence towards rapid WS/BP spam towards all NMs.
    Yeah no thanks. May as well just delete all mages from the game.
    (4)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah no thanks. May as well just delete all mages from the game.
    I enjoy playing BLM. I publicly talk about it just about every week or so. The adjustments BLM could use the most do not revolve around the nuke wall. It is simply something parroted at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I enjoy playing BLM. I publicly talk about it just about every week or so. The adjustments BLM could use the most do not revolve around the nuke wall. It is simply something parroted at this point.
    This is an issue for multiple jobs, it is not merely "parroting." Probably more of an issue for SMN, where it's an issue just with oneself, as opposed to BLM where it's only really a big issue if you try to throw BLMs at something.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This is an issue for multiple jobs, it is not merely "parroting." Probably more of an issue for SMN, where it's an issue just with oneself, as opposed to BLM where it's only really a big issue if you try to throw BLMs at something.
    Content no longer revolves around an alliance of BLMs, and it will not revolve around an alliance going forward. The nuke wall does not need to be addressed. Other functions of magical damage however should be addressed.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Content no longer revolves around an alliance of BLMs,
    I didn't say it did. That's not even relevant to the point. People sh ould be able to use whatever strategies they want, however, provide they don't trivialize all content. In cases where this does happen, the proper method of addressing such an issue is not to create artificial job - (or role) specific restrictions, but to address the unnderlying cause instead. Like with Summoner, the appropriate response to SMN beating various contents with 1-hour BP spam should not be to nerf the damage of repeat blood pacts, but to tweak the ability to make the mechanics less abuseable.

We've already been discussing that on the SMN forum. But BLM has its unfair role-specific punishments as well, and these can also be addressed mechanically instead of with special restrictions as well.

Content not "revolving around" a particular cheesy tactic doesn't mean there isn't an issue. And if you feel there isn't a problem with content "revolving around" mass BLM, then why does SE feel the need to artificially nerf nuke damage?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-25-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Because, once again, the "nuke wall" is not the real issue BLMs contend with. When was the last time you played the job and how did you play it or better said how do you generally use it?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Because, once again, the "nuke wall" is not the real issue BLMs contend with. When was the last time you played the job and how did you play it or better said how do you generally use it?
    "Not the real issue" doesn't mean it's not in any way harmful. Because it is and it should be revisited. And again, it's not just about BLM.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast