Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    SE isn't ever going to get rid of any damage walls or nerfs, once they implement these things they are forever embedded in the code permanently.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 06-03-2022 at 03:40 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    SE isn't ever going to get rid of any damage walls or nerfs, once they implement these things they are forever embedded in the code permanently.
    They have reverted balance changes in the past.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They have reverted balance changes in the past.
    It's safer to say that SE cant revert this. They don't take snapshots, and even if they did it wouldn't matter due to how long ago it was.

It is becoming increasingly evident that the staff remaining are unable to work with, fix, or even understand the layers of code they are plastering over. Much of it has become evident as guesswork they avoid directly ever changing. I recall something to the effect of not even being able to remove this because of those factors and being intertwined into the game at this point, but obviously I don't have the source at hand.

So, the nuke wall isn't going anywhere. Nor, as I argued, do I think it should be removed anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hm, I still doubt NIN can MB alongside mages w/o those MB's adding to the wall, but I haven't actually done a MB strat w/ a NIN in party for a very long time since SE's lazy fuck-up of a fix to BLM alliances.

I don't care what SE's thoughts on doing those things are. It's their choice how they react to our complaints. I'm just complaining how their fix broke more things than it fixed.
    Since multiple of the same job cannot even be used in sheol Gaol, both nerfs should be removed from that zone entirely. Or is that also too much for them?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is becoming increasingly evident that the staff remaining are unable to work with, fix, or even understand the layers of code they are plastering over. Much of it has become evident as guesswork they avoid directly ever changing. I recall something to the effect of not even being able to remove this because of those factors and being intertwined into the game at this point, but obviously I don't have the source at hand.
    You're not entirely wrong, I'm just refuting the argument that they never reverse past balance changes or otherwise unnerf, because that has in fact happened before

But as before, I don't feel that these "walls" serve any positive influence to gameplay. You can argue that they're meaningless anyway, as it's not "optimal" behavior, and, maybe you're right, but that isn't a reason for them to exist- at best it's only a reason not to go to the effort of changing it. The nuke and BP walls benefit nobody and harm some people, even if you want to argue those people are being suboptimal.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3