Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

20th Vanaversary Reddit AMA

While r/FFXI will be hosting the official Dev Team AMA Monday May 23rd at 18:30 PDT / 21:30 EDT. r/FinalFantasy11 will simultaneously be holding an unofficial, unsanctioned, and satirical AMA.

There has been a noticeable level of dejection in the community in the wake of the build up to and premier of 20th Anniversary. Players have also been expressing a lack of faith in the future and thus the AMA. This stark level of negativity floating around is unpalatable to say the least. Thus, it was thought that a parody of the event itself would be an opportunity to not only have fun, but to creatively work through frustrations in the community.

Thus, I would like to invite anyone interested to also join the parody Reddit AMA on r/FinalFantasy11. It will be held at the same time to keep it simple. There are also more rules and guidelines in the stickied post there than the official one to keep it sharper or from getting out of control.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is frankly, kind of disgusting.

Maybe wait till after before you pass judgement?
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This is frankly, kind of disgusting.

Maybe wait till after before you pass judgement?
    Disgusting is a strong response, and I disagree.

Who is passing judgement? Have you been following the reactions on both Reddit, AH.com, or in general?
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Disgusting is a strong response, and I disagree.

Who is passing judgement? Have you been following the reactions on both Reddit, AH.com, or in general?
    Yeah, I have, and what i've been reading is a bunch of people expecting miracles just because a certain date has come up. You all set yourselves up for this, SE didn't do it for you. All SE ever said (back when this was set into motion) was that they've got a new story for us (which they've been delivering and apparently will last quite a bit longer) and that they have some unspecified stuff planned for the date.

That doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it, because I'm not, but I don't agree the reactions I'm seeing are justified.

Ask the hard questions in the AMA, see if you get any answers, and then maybe I'd support this if they aren't good.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-19-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ask the hard questions in the AMA, see if you get any answers, and then maybe I'd support this if they aren't good.
    The date is set.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The date is set.
    I mean, you do you, but its still ridiculous.
    I won't be participating, nor should anyone with any scruples.
    The worst thing that can come from participating in the real one is nothing, and the best thing is something. I'll take that over something that's guaranteed to be meaningless feed for trolls at best, and at worst, may cause confusion with the real AMA.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-19-2022 at 06:20 PM.

what i've been reading is a bunch of people expecting miracles
    What you're reading is people expecting something. They gave nothing.
    I mean, you do you, but its still ridiculous.
    I won't be participating, nor should anyone with any scruples.
    The worst thing that can come from participating in the real one is nothing, and the best thing is something. I'll take that over something that's guaranteed to be meaningless feed for trolls at best, and at worst, may cause confusion with the real AMA.
    You act like you can't have two whole browser tabs open at once. One will (I assume) be heavily moderated while one will be people hanging out having fun. No reason to stick to only one.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    One will (I assume) be heavily moderated
    The r/finalfantasy11 AMA.

one will be people hanging out having fun

No reason to stick to only one.

The problem with the r/ffxi AMA is that the dullards will ask dumb questions and we'll get maybe one good answer out of the dev team before their time is up. Have you seen r/ffxi and it's typical posts and comments? I feel like its safe to say over half of them haven't played the game in years and definitely aren't consistently paying customers.

If you want some really good, new information from the dev team, then check out the two articles discussed here and you'll learn plenty. More than you will from the r/ffxi AMA.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 05-19-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post

The problem with the r/ffxi AMA is that the dullards will ask dumb questions and we'll get maybe one good answer out of the dev team before their time is up. Have you seen r/ffxi and it's typical posts and comments? I feel like it's safe to say over half of them haven't played the game in years and definitely aren't consistently paying customers.

If you want some really good, new information from the dev team, then check out the two articles discussed here and you'll learn plenty. More than you will from the r/ffxi AMA.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am somewhat proud of what we are building with r/FinalFantasy11.
    There will be a need for both subreddits (unlike the Wikis) as people who play the game or did any level of research before asking a question will need a curated environment. Meanwhile, posters who ask why the mouse in XI can't work like it does in XIV, how to get past the Three Mage Gate, will there be a PS5 port, or if this game is worth joining will also need a separate place.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What you're reading is people expecting something. They gave nothing.
    That's entirely false, as they spoke of new content incoming and gave specific timelines for it. Sorry it didn't live up to your unrealistic expectations of new expansions or ports.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    I mean, yeah, every reddit has trolls / silly people, but that includes "yours" or whose-ever it is. And if you're at the real one and ask real questions, well, that increases the odds real questions will be answered.

And you can be pretty sure the AMA will be moderated, regardless of how the rest of the sub is handled. It's not like we haven't had these before.

(unlike the Wikis)
    What's this supposed to mean? Both the major wikis have their place. Especially when it comes to older stuff in the game, FFXIclopedia is more accurate and less biased (and better organized IMO). But BG has its place as well for the forumulas/statistical data/nerdy stuff. Both sites are still missing various information, but that's because it's all by the users. There is very often information I can find on one that I can't find in the other, in both directions.

This thread is more a shameless plug for your subreddit than it is anything of value, your bias is obvious.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-20-2022 at 01:58 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast