Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What's this supposed to mean? Both the major wikis have their place. Especially when it comes to older stuff in the game, FFXIclopedia is more accurate and less biased (and better organized IMO). But BG has its place as well for the forumulas/statistical data/nerdy stuff. Both sites are still missing various information, but that's because it's all by the users. There is very often information I can find on one that I can't find in the other, in both directions.
    It means exactly what I said. There is not a need for two wikis.

Outside of both sites lacking information. Which is obviously the nature of a wiki. The rest of your characterizations are incorrect and mistaken.

This thread is more a shameless plug for your subreddit than it is anything of value, your bias is obvious.
    If that were the case then I would have plugged it earlier. This is purely to plug a community event.
    (1)

That's entirely false, as they spoke of new content incoming and gave specific timelines for it.
    Where exactly did they do this? Do you mean this letter? The letter where he talks about nothing new except prime weapons, which the letter admits had already been teased?

It's odd that they've been hyping an anniversary celebration for two years and then just write us a letter with very little information. If that's your idea of a celebration, please don't invite me to your next birthday party.

Sorry it didn't live up to your unrealistic expectations of new expansions or ports
    I never said or expected anything of the sort.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    If that's your idea of a celebration, please don't invite me to your next birthday party.
    Sugar free gluten free kosher halal vegan vanilla ice cream cake saved in the freezer since 2019 with bio degradable sprinkles on top served on recycled wood pulp plates. Right after the cruelty free pin the tail on the anniversary. No confetti though, it is bad for the birds.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 05-20-2022 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    saved in the freezer since 2019
    I need to know, was it a freezer with auto-defrost? I need to know how freezer-burnt it is.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Sugar free gluten free kosher halal vegan vanilla ice cream cake saved in the freezer since 2019 with bio degradable sprinkles on top served on recycled wood pulp plates. Right after the cruelty free pin the tail on the anniversary. No confetti though, it is bad for the birds.
    His birthday present is the incredible feeling of self-satisfaction you'll grant him when he can look you in the eye and say, "well, nobody told you you wouldn't be getting sugar free gluten free kosher halal vegan vanilla ice cream cake saved in the freezer since 2019 with bio degradable sprinkles on top served on recycled wood pulp plates."
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I need to know, was it a freezer with auto-defrost? I need to know how freezer-burnt it is.
    Manual defrost Mitsubishi chest freezer.

Beverages are water from a garden hose via an aquifer underneath an industrial zone. Served in Bugs Bunny themed Dixie Cups with paper straws and Shamwow napkins.
    (2)

Player
    Did SE ever actually hype up anything big happening for the 20th Anniversary? Or did people just ramp up their expectations because 20 is a nice round number and we are naturally inclined to believe big things on round numbered years? Did they do anything big 10 years ago?
    (0)

8. 05-20-2022 06:08 AM

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Did SE ever actually hype up anything big happening for the 20th Anniversary? Or did people just ramp up their expectations because 20 is a nice round number and we are naturally inclined to believe big things on round numbered years? Did they do anything big 10 years ago?
    It depends how you define hype. People read in pretty deeply on them announcing late 2019 that updates be smaller whole they worked on TVR and got ready for the anniversary.
    (0)

10. 05-20-2022 09:05 AM

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think some of it might have been translation making it seem more like there would be a big surprise, but when actually looking at the (English) statements I could find some time ago, I mostly see it like they were more talking about things they have been putting out during all this time.

One such comment here from 2020 [1]:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Escape
    Yoji Fujito: I’m sure there are some of you who are looking for something on the scale of an expansion, but there are a variety of factors at play preventing us from doing so. Like Matsui-san says, we’re hoping that maybe we can do a fan event, or look at doing more in-game events that are a bit different from what we’ve provided up until now.
    1. https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/1...y-xi-dev-team/
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

What's the surprise? Is there an announcement still to come? Lighter version updates seems to imply that there's going to be a larger version update in the context of the anniversary. This is the big one and where it started.

When/what is the nature of the celebration?

Nose to the grindstone on what? Business as usual?

More time for what? Are they still preparing something?

Where's the celebration? Where are the festivities?

A letter and some interviews are just fluff to most players. Three years of talking about the anniversary made people hopeful that the anniversary would bring some sort of actual change or addition to the game, not just some external stuff.

I personally knew better than to expect a new expansion, a new job, or anything majorly significant, but I still expected something. Maybe if SE and the development team would communicate with the english-speaking playerbase, they could have toned down player expectations when we were clearly making a much bigger deal about it than they were, at least in regards to the game itself.
    (4)
    It's your server.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast