Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    So basically the Ambuscade area with a different texture and color.
    No, clearly there will be at least a couple of polygons added or removed!

Man, you must be really fun a parties... and people call me a debbie downer???
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You'd think Valhalla would be an Einherjar reskin.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    You'd think Valhalla would be an Einherjar reskin.
    Well, according to the Norse mythology they borrowed the terms from, it'd make a certain amount of sense. Except that having Einherjar be a place is already a misuse of the term, since Einherjar are the people who live in the place called Valhalla.

Maybe Valhalla will just be a really big person inside Einherjar.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Except that having Einherjar be a place
    In the game, it's not the name of the place, it's the name of the content.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm really looking forward to an expansion too, but I'm more concerned about what we'll do in the expansion and what end game content it will have.

Character progression

The cap level would have to be raised. I'm talking about real Levels and Master level -> 175/87 to avoid "Power creep" I would give them 1 STAT + 1 Combat Skill per Level/Master level. This would be to cover the level up. An expansion without character progression feels very flat and boring, like WoTG. Could be cool have something like APEX-PARTIES from lv100-lv175 with enemies taking 95% less AoE damage and enemies hitting really hard like in odyssey high floors.

History

The story, I would do something like RoV, scenes, good music, more direct narrative, battlefields that you can do with your Trust. Something that can be ENJOYED and not be a TORTURE or suffering for the player. Playing the FFX story is wonderful and entertaining.

Areas

The areas I would like variety, a forest like ronfaure, a beach like Valkrum, an area of ​​snow like xarcabad, a jungle like yuthunga, a volcano like ifrit cauldron etc. Without HORRIBLE key items like the ones in SoA, that just interrupts the exploration of the areas. SIMPLE is always better, more enjoyable, overcomplicating everything and making it tedious will only make players go back to WoW-Modern or FFXIV in days.

Teleports and exploration

Completely remove in expansion: Warp between teleports, survival guides etc. Let the player explore the area in his mount and in the city the player must WALK to all the places, only puting CRYSTALS like teleport-dem, holla, mea, etc. Another thing is to make the player go to the area where the end game, exp party, etc. will take place. Not pure WARP-WARP-WARP-TELEPORT this is terrible for that I better go play FFXIV.

Ultimate weapons

Explain to the player until he is lv175/87, complete the Merit points II category, he will not be able to access the next upgrade of his ultimate weapons, all the materials will be obtained in the end game of said expansion.

End-game

I would like a battlefield like dynamis, einherjar, delve, bosses like ultima, omega, KSNM99. Content obviously for 12-18 players.

Battle-Combat

I would give all the jobs SKILLS like DRG. Yes, after 20 years ENOUGH of pure WS-SPAM. DRG is the only job in FFXI which has rotation with the jumps and requires a lot of mechanical skills, in order to correctly time those skills and increase the damage. All the DPS jobs would play more like "DRG" ​​you will have to combine the WS-SPAM with the abilities to increase the damage you do and that will take you many hours of practicing your correct rotation. You would have to lower the JA-DELAY to 1 sec, that is already done by an external program which puts JA-0 delay, so don't tell me that you can't.

This would be the elements that my expansion would have.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I highly doubt SE want to make another expansion or any actual surprise for this game. Pretty much, most of companies want to focus on the younger generations. I know y'all aren't alone. It is what it is.

Happy late anniversary anyway. Great community btw.

(0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    What a shame, this game deserves much better. Shame on SE
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    What a shame, this game deserves much better. Shame on SE
    Shame on them? It's just math and logic. These are rational business decisions. Yes, we'd love nothing more than for them to make FFXI Remastered, brand new graphics brand new everything in the same world, we'd love that. But that would be a really expensive project that would primarily only appeal to current and former players of FFXI. Most anything SE makes these days will sell more than FFXI ever did, so it doesn't make a lot of financial/business sense to dump a massive amount of money into something that probably won't see a substantially larger customer base than FFXI had at its peak.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    FFXI deserves an expansion, stop trying to cover up for the billion dollar company
    (0)

Player
    If they made an expansion everyone would just cheese it with bots and alts and noone would team up. Unless they started policing the game again, which I just dont think they are going to spent the money on.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast