Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Sacrifice, Full Cure, and Benediction no longer remove curse and amnesia

Platform: PC
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: 100MB/s
    Date & Time:05/14/2022 1:30pm MST
    Frequency: Every time, going back at least to April patch.
    Character Name: Namche
    Race: Tarutaru
    World: Bismarck
    Main Job: White Mage
    Support Job: Scholar
    Area and Coordinates: Reisenjima #9
    Party or Solo: Party, 3 members
    Monster Name: Maju
    Steps:
    1. Spawn Maju
    2. Let tank get inflicted by curse from Oppressive Glare
    3. Try to remove curse via Sacrifice (with Afflatus Solace, and even tried Misery just to be sure), Full Cure, and Benediction.
    4. Watch in horror as all methods fail to remove curse, despite doing so in the past. Benediction used to wipe the curse effect and heal to full in one action, now it heals for 0 because curse isn't removed.

I have also tested with the amnesia effect from Kin. Used to be removable at least with benediction, now isn't.

Tested with sacrifice (with both flavors of afflatus, just to be sure), full cure, and benediction. Have not tried esuna, because of safety constraints in the test setup.
    (0)
    Last edited by Krogoth; 05-16-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Will be rejected as it isn't in the form of a bug report. You will need to use the template found in the sticky post and fill out all information.

But also: Not every version of every status is removed by Bene or other tools. Some monsters get special exceptions even when the nature of the status isn't different.

What were you fighting?
    (0)

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Thanks for the heads up on the formatting. Maybe if I edit it before the weekend is over they won't notice.

I first saw this on the odyssey NM Gigelorum. But I went to Maju for testing because he's easier to access and force the curse effect. I know his curse used to be removable, albeit reapplied nearly instantly, the wiki even has a comment about being able to use benediction as a one time cure.

I became aware of it in April, but only just got around to definitive testing now. There is video evidence of sacrifice working on Gigelorum's curse as of January. So I'm guessing something changed (intentionally or unintentionally) in either the February, March, or April updates.
    (0)
    Last edited by Krogoth; 05-16-2022 at 01:19 AM.

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Did some more testing, and it also doesn't work against Ruea (Beleaguerment) or Isarukitsck (Whiteout). Even got in esuna tests, though that was never expected to work.
    (0)

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Sacrifice, Full Cure, and Benediction *do* remove the curse from Colkhab. So there are mobs that it works and mobs that it doesn't. But there is evidence that Sacrifice used to work on Gigelorum and Isarukitsck, and it doesn't now. I don't know why they would have changed.
    (0)