Player

Question regarding master levels and level sync.

Say you have two people in a party.

Knuckles is level 99 THF, fully mastered with the 2100 job points, and master level 11.

Justine is level 99 WHM, but with only a few job points and not even close to master.

Can Knuckles level sync with Justine to get exemplar points? I know that one or both of them will be screwed out of capacity / job points. And Justine of course cannot get any exemplar points since she did not master WHM yet. But can Knuckles?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Say you have two people in a party.

Knuckles is level 99 THF, fully mastered with the 2100 job points, and master level 11.

Justine is level 99 WHM, but with only a few job points and not even close to master.

Can Knuckles level sync with Justine to get exemplar points? I know that one or both of them will be screwed out of capacity / job points. And Justine of course cannot get any exemplar points since she did not master WHM yet. But can Knuckles?
    Level syncing to the non ML, yes you still get exemplar points, as if you were MLv 0. Just as with XP, EP goes down (from the same level monster) as master level goes up (But at a much slower rate, as a master level is much smaller than a regular one), If you are partying with peoople and there is a significant master level discrepancy (or they dont have it unlocked at all) you should absolutely use level sync. Unless you're near ML30 it probably isn't going to affect your kill speed much, and your EP gain per kill will be a little higher.

The number of job points they have is irrelevant to the EP gain. Master level is the only thing that matters, and again, all non-master-breaker players are treated as MLv 0.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    So then if you level synced to a non-mastered player, the whole party would be locked at master level 0 for the duration of the party?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    So then if you level synced to a non-mastered player, the whole party would be locked at master level 0 for the duration of the party?
    Correct.

If anyone is over ML0, this means a slightly higher amount of EP per kill, as it does go down (very) slowly as master level increases.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If you level sync to a non-mastered player, level sync will break every time they earn a job point. It is not practical.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    If you level sync to a non-mastered player, level sync will break every time they earn a job point. It is not practical.
    I've done this before and I don't recall experiencing anything like this.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It immediately breaks on either fighting or killing a mob w/ a non-master character. don't remember which.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I remember being able to use it without much issue. It *is* supposed to break on level-up (including master levels) but I've never heard of level sync breaking upon earning job points.

Any other case should likely be treated as a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I remember being able to use it without much issue. It *is* supposed to break on level-up (including master levels) but I've never heard of level sync breaking upon earning job points.

Any other case should likely be treated as a bug.
    You may not have noticed that the Level Sync broke and continued on killing mobs because you retain your buffs when the sync is cancelled. But if you reapply the sync, you lose all your buffs. This has been true since the introduction of Master Levels.

An interesting issue might be to sync to a person who is indeed Mastered but has not unlocked Master Leveling to have a permanent M.Lvl 0 sync. . . Although, typically when the sync cannot earn Exemplar Points, nobody earns any.
    (0)