Character
    Elmclaw
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Cannot use /yell

Hi, I hope this is the right subforum, so I have an issue where I cannot use /yell. When I do as an example /yell Ambuscade 4/6, the tab to the left on chat window does not change to "Yell", neither under my chat options are the yell option, on recommendation of a GM I chatted with they directed me to post on the forums to get assistance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Podranea; 05-06-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is no button in the menus for /yell. You just type /yell message. Yell chat has a cooldown, and for this reason you can't set it as the default chatmode. The same also goes for the Assist Channels, which use the same systems.

Yell only works in the four major cities, Selbina, Mhaura, Rabao, Norg, East/West Audolin, Nashmau, Tavnazian Safehold, and Aht Urghan Whitegate. However, it will also work in the mog houses in any of those locations that have them (Unless you enter the mog house from Al Zhabi)

Also, though it won't likely matter, best not to post pics here with modded UI elements.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-06-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Character
    Elmclaw
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hi thank you for replying, I stood in Mhaura trying to get a group together for ambuscade, I type "/yell ambu whatevs this is an example", hit enter and nothing appears neither for me nor others, I see others yells.

I were aware of some of the things you said here, not that yell does not have a "tab" that is new to me thank you.

*Edit*

I tested again now and now it seems to work, so what the issue were I have not the faintest idea.

Thank you again for replying. /bow
    (1)
    Last edited by Podranea; 05-06-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Podranea View Post
    Hi thank you for replying, I stood in Mhaura trying to get a group together for ambuscade, I type "/yell ambu whatevs this is an example", hit enter and nothing appears neither for me nor others, I see others yells.

I were aware of some of the things you said here, not that yell does not have a "tab" that is new to me thank you.

*Edit*

I tested again now and now it seems to work, so what the issue were I have not the faintest idea.

Thank you again for replying. /bow
    The cooldown is also active immediately upon entering an area, so you can't send a /yell until some time has passed (like 20-30 seconds I think?) after you've entered the area.

I think yell is also restricted for characters less than 30 or 45 days old to limit RMT abuse.
    (0)

Character
    Elmclaw
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I am a returnee after a couple of months of break, also were in Mhaura for a good while so why it did not work I have no idea about.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Small note on assist channels: they can be set as the default channel. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.