Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    It is to take care of the identity of the jobs

For example if you are going to play THF you are expected to use dw daggers or if you are going to play WAR then a great axe or one hand axe. I've seen DRG using Naegling, which is amazing to me.
    I still use one hand axe outside of Odyssey often. Decimation is a 48-49k WS at attack cap with Sakpata set, AND it SC with SB from COR and BRD. It's still pretty strong if SJ is available and WAR BRD COR all engage on the same mob.

You need the 2h axe to do armor break(very important debuff WS) or multi-step SC on WAR. On DRK if you have 5000 HP boost(1000 TP bonus) active ambu GA Upheaval spam is only about 6% behind r15 Calad AM3 torc spam. But they also SC with COR BRD SB spam, which makes this build viable too.

In other words, you can totally use a different WS on those jobs if you prefer to, and not really suffers from performance loss if you have the setup for it.

I think the main reason why community pushes Naeg so hard is partially because Segment C farm parses strongly favors Naeg/SB spam. And nobody wants to be that guy who lose parse to COR BRD in C and gear shamed. Further more there is an argument that Naeg/SB one shots all mobs on F1-F3 as perfectly geared WAR, pushing more people use Naeg in C farm.

Outside of seg C or bumba I personally don't see Naeg by all end all the best choice ever. It's certainly not the best choice if multi-step SC or piercing dmg is favored.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-05-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    What a complete letdown this anniversary segment was. I am so upset and SE should be ashamed of themselves for treating this amazing game in the way they have these years. You have so many loyal fans and people rooting for this game and you give it less than the bare minimum while increasing pricing. I am just so disgusted I don't even know what else to say.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    What a complete letdown this anniversary segment was. I am so upset and SE should be ashamed of themselves for treating this amazing game in the way they have these years. You have so many loyal fans and people rooting for this game and you give it less than the bare minimum while increasing pricing. I am just so disgusted I don't even know what else to say.
    I don't think the anniversary related events are over yet.

Also, when did they raise the price?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I don't think the anniversary related events are over yet.

Also, when did they raise the price?
    TBH, I wasn't aware anything had really started yet. Whats with the salt? lol

Was Immortal expecting five new expansions and ten jobs to be announced or something? I mean come on, give me a break.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The game has been and always will be what you make of it. There is plenty of stuff to do in game, if you want something shoot for it. If you've done everything you wanted to do then congrats, you have beaten the game for the goals you have set out.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    The game has been and always will be what you make of it. There is plenty of stuff to do in game, if you want something shoot for it. If you've done everything you wanted to do then congrats, you have beaten the game for the goals you have set out.
    I reached that state back in mid 2017 and took a break for a couple years. Then I read about Voracious Resurgence and rejoined. Story line has always been my favorite part of the game. But since then, I found a bunch of other stuff to do as well.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    sorry for replying so late

I agree with everything you say, you are right and in fact excellent players like you have better options than Naegling. I imagine you're having fun switching between Tauret and Naegling when it's your turn to use COR on melee-burns.

At the moment the two things that concern me are:

I feel like the devs are adding too much FREE survivability, putting tons of DAMAGE-TAKEN -% on items, which has made DDs extremely tanky, completely removing all the RISK and ADRENALINE that was felt before playing DD from efficient way.

I remember at lv75 cap, you had to have great gamesense to know when to use your WS even in merit parties otherwise a colibri could deal 500-700 damage on a DD and that would force your healer to spend MP on you, slowing down your party in general. . Remember those times 3 DDS, COR, BRD and 1 HEALER?

Also on the LV99 during the VW, LEGION, NEO DYNAMIS era. Playing DD was extremely fun and risky, you had to play your sets, make sacrifices and know when to go in-out in LEGION for example it was an absolute joy to win a parse.

Nowadays most sets come with training wheels, it's super easy to have -50% magic damage taken & -35% physical damage taken on your full DD set.

I would love future sets for DDS to be like this.

Gleti's Cuirass +1

DEF:75 HP+25 STR+49 DEX+54 VIT+49 AGI+36 INT+36 MND+36 CHR+36
    Accuracy+50 Attack+75 Magic Accuracy+40 Evasion+50 Magic Evasion+50
    "Magic Def Bonuses"+5 Haste+5%
    Physical damage limit +14% "Regain" +3 Critical hit rate +16%
    AUGMENT Critical hit damage +5%.

Adding to ambuscade capes physical damage limit +7% in Abdhaljs Resin slot to make DD mains remove that -10% physical damage taken or -5% damage taken.

With this, the identity of the DD jobs would be recovered, the gamesense necessary to play DD correctly would be increased, and that adrenaline of being a DD not a tank would return. As I said before in other posts. I would like each job to be very focused on the weapons that identify it in its role.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 05-11-2022 at 11:35 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can't say I've experienced "adrenaline" in playing a relatively slow paced game like this.

To be frank, this increase in survival follows years of making more monsters with more and more unavoidable/uncounterable abilities and gimmickier abilities that can't really be dealt with short of better protection. And as our stat values rise, things like Defense start to become less meaningful, and damage taken - is itself kind of necessary as the other combat mechanics affecting damage taken become less effective.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post

At the moment the two things that concern me are:

I feel like the devs are adding too much FREE survivability, putting tons of DAMAGE-TAKEN -% on items, which has made DDs extremely tanky, completely removing all the RISK and ADRENALINE that was felt before playing DD from efficient way.
    I understand the concern. Truth to be told when I saw the stats on Nyame r25 I was a little bit surprised myself, because such stats design direction is different from what they've used in the past.

But after think it through, I think Nyame stat vomit mostly makes sense. It seems awkward that Nyame has WSD AND SC bonus AND DT at first, as if it's one set that does everything.

But think about it, SC bonus as a stat only makes sense if it's on the same piece as WSD, if SCB isn't on a WS piece then nobody would gear SCB for their WS. And it also makes sense that WS set has DT on it. DD who TP in hybrid TP set and survive fine then suddenly die if they get hit in WS set has been a thing for a long time, because WS set used to have little to no DT in it. The problem is worse for vanilla players who swap out of WS set slower than GS players. So it's not a terrible decision to lower the gap between those players, as they solve the "one shotted in WS set" problems.

The only problem I have with Nyame is all jobs really.

As for the TP set with survivability. Max DPS TP set for many jobs still has less DT than 5/5 Sakpata or 5/5 malig I think. So if you enjoy the ADRENALINE of playing a DD, TP in your glass cannon set and ONLY switch to DT set for oh shit moments. I do that all the time because I am a jerk who likes to take risks You'll do better damage and have more fun with adrenaline of dying as a possibility in many content this way, and get rewarded with better DPS if you managed to survive.
    (0)

Player
    The game needs more variety and doesn't need to be catered to melee jobs in general let alone just so other melee jobs can compete, everything should be able to compete. Who cares what ws people are using when 3/4's of the jobs are on the bench,and the other 1/4 are used in every setup? It makes the game suck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 05-18-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast