Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Small suggestion for chocobo mount being added with next patch

Please make the mount music match the chocobo music and not the normal mount music.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Please make the mount music match the chocobo music and not the normal mount music.
    It's a chocobo, why would it not have the chocobo music? We can already ride the armored chocobos in the past and they have the standard music.

Regardless, I don't understand the hate on the non-chocobo mount music. It's a perfectly serviceable music track and it doesn't make sence to use the chocobo song with other things. FFXIV does it the same way, only the chocobo mounts (compoany, black, legacy) have the chocobo music, the fat chocobos have their own special music, and everything else has something else (though there's a few different tracks depending on the mount)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-03-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Player
    It's too jolly and doesn't really work that well, it sounds like holiday event music rather than traveling music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vUuYSHKSk
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's too jolly and doesn't really work that well, it sounds like holiday event music rather than traveling music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vUuYSHKSk
    Idk, it sounds like music that would play against a scene with animals / creatures running around, considering what especially the early mounts were things like crabs and such, it makes sense to me, personally. Frankly I think the original chocobo music is too subdued (but the FFXIV one is too blaring, wish they'd find a happy medium)
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's a chocobo, why would it not have the chocobo music? We can already ride the armored chocobos in the past and they have the standard music.
    Because one calls music via chocobo rental methods, while the other calls via mount? I have to admit I don't remember ever having sound on while riding my own registered chocobo as a mount, so I can't say whether it uses mount or chocobo, but whatever plays when you use that is pretty much guaranteed to be what you get with Noble Chocobo.

Unless they decide this is so cool and special that they have to give it its own unique background music anyway, which would be a nice touch but terribly unlikely (but then, they added a new track specifically for nine zones to use during one seasonal event, so who knows...?)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Because one calls music via chocobo rental methods, while the other calls via mount?
    Your personal chocobo uses the standard music whether it was called by the original whistle before the mount system or the new method via the mount menu
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Your personal chocobo uses the standard music whether it was called by the original whistle before the mount system or the new method via the mount menu
    Not sure why you didn't lead with that, then. Yeah, that being the case, like 95% chance the new chocobo is going to do the same. Not going to say it's guaranteed because there's always a chance someone's going to just copy and paste the last mount added with a new model, instead of actually saying "wait, this is the same thing as that personal chocobo mount, I should reuse that instead." (... but I suspect if it doesn't use chocobo theme on release, it will by or before the June version update.)
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    A little bit of a coincidence they add this just as I'm (re-)doing the chocobo races, and yet again wish I could have a white chocobo after finishing them because (spoilers)...

I guess it's still neat'ish at least, but I'll never use anything but my personally raised chocobos, so meh. That said, I do still hope they'll use the chocobo theme for it. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    White? it looks pink to me.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, it's definitely not as white as what I'm referring to, but it certainly seems to have /some/ white, and it made me think of the white (and there's the "noble" thing about it too).

I hope it also reminds Yoji Fujito about the thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    If possible, we’d like to create a final stage for Chocobo Racing, but we haven’t had the time or resources and the idea keeps getting pushed back.
    We’re hoping to implement it at some point in the future, so we ask you to please wait until then.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast