Player

Goblin Footprints in Palborough Mines do not have cutscenes for mission.

Operating System: Windows 7
    ISP: Comcast
    Type of Internet Connection: CATV
    Internet Connection Speed: Don't know
    Date and Time: I forget
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: A few different ones
    Race: Hume M
    World: Bahamut
    Main Job: Monk 99
    Support Job: Warrior 53
    Area and Coordinates: Palborough Mines, at the entrance from North Gustaberg
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Goblin Footprints
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:
    1) Walk in to Palborough Mines after completing Voracious Resurgence mission 7-3 Koru-Moru's Hypothesis.
    2) Trade an item to the Goblin Footprint.
    3) Try to replay the cutscene from this mission where you recall your memories erased by Uran-Mafran. The option was not available.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I haven't done the quests yet, so.... are you sure that's the right place?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I haven't done the quests yet, so.... are you sure that's the right place?
    It's definitely the right place. You get the initial cutscene upon zoning in to Palborough from North Gustaberg, and the action within the cutscene itself takes place in there. I even tried some other places ... the Goblin Footprints in North Gustaberg and a couple of the replay NPCs in Bastok and Windurst. Nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Indeed, the cutscene is not listed, but it's also not a part of the Koru-Moru's Hypothesis mission.

Or rather, it's not required for the mission itself, which does seem a little bit strange, but could be intentional too, I maybe guess...

Perhaps they will be unlocked after a future mission or some other trigger.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 04-26-2022 at 11:18 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    It sucks because I have been recording cutscenes and gluing them together into videos and playlists that I upload to my Youtube channel (Thrifty032781). It's often hard to get a clean recording on the first play of the cutscene. They get polluted by things like system messages that announce the zone name (which is what happened with this one), conquest updates (the ones that happen at the start of each new game day), ROE limited time objective announcements, and some other stuff. I have a macro that echoes six lines of dots to put a buffer in my chat log, so I can always run that before the NPC or the goblin footprints start playing.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Checking some more looks into this, it seems that at least some of the other areas have their cutscenes for this part already listed, so something does seem off with this one.

(Been meaning to report the list over at Aht Urhgan for other reasons, such as the fact that these missions are being listed under Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, but they're being inconsistent in other areas too... so at least they're consistently inconsistent? Also doubtful that they would not have noticed it, so it's probably intentional for reasons...)

Actually, they're using the original mission names for some of them (new (future mission?) names for others), this one being Cornelia's Call to Action(pt.4) on the list.

Even more actually, it just looks like they probably mistakingly translated The Doll Whisperer incorrectly for one of them (The Doll's Call).
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 04-27-2022 at 02:12 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    In case you last checked in before my last edits to my last post here:

They're using the original mission names for them, this one being Cornelia's Call to Action(pt.4) on the list.

It also looks like they probably mistakenly translated 'The Doll Whisperer' as 'The Doll's Call' for one of them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    In case you last checked in before my last edits to my last post here:

They're using the original mission names for them, this one being Cornelia's Call to Action(pt.4) on the list.

It also looks like they probably mistakenly translated 'The Doll Whisperer' as 'The Doll's Call' for one of them.
    Thanks for finding that out. I'll have to re-record.

Still feels like a bug to me, but I'll let SE decide what to do about this.
    (1)