Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with the latest info on FFXI.

I hope you’ve all gotten a chance to try your hand at the newly revamped A.M.A.N. Trove. The reception has been wonderful, and it reminds me that visual and audio effects can often times be just as important as rewards when it comes to enjoying content.

As you are likely aware, FINAL FANTASY XI will be celebrating twenty years of service on May 16. I’ve got a special letter all lined up for the occasion, so I’ll leave my official Vana’versary greetings until then, but I wanted to make sure to tell you all about the May version update.

Starting off, we’ve got the first half of The Voracious Resurgence, Chapter 8. Our story takes us to everyone favorite limit breaker, Maat. I’ve got a soft spot in my heart for the old coot, so I was a touch distressed to learn that he’s found himself in a bit of a pickle. (What exactly that pickle entails is left for you to discover!)

Both Ambuscades this month are reruns. Volume 1 features Mamool Ja mages, with previously elementally-mismatched Mamool Ja now displaying their proper colors, in addition to other improvements to make the battle more fun this go around. Volume 2 is the pteraketos battle, with a special ability signifying a switch in weakness from physical to magic and vice versa, making it a bit easier to deal damage than you may remember. Of course, you’ll need to make sure to watch your enmity lest you find yourself on the receiving end of a pummeling.
As is the norm for May, we’ve also added some bonus monsters to the battles to provide even better rewards.

WE ARE VANA’DIEL is also getting special content on May 16. We’re talking with perhaps the most appropriate figure to help us ring in the 20th Vana’versary, so I hope you check it out when it goes live.

Until then, see you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
May Records of Eminence・Update monthly objectives -
MayThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests -
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
MayAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
MayAreas・Remove level difference penalty in certain areas-
MayBGM・Add new title music-