Player

Malignance recolors

Malignance armor is so good that vast numbers of people have and wear them now.

How about adding a system via dark matter to add additional minor stats to this armor along numerous tiers, and doing so changes the color and name of the armor.

Malignance set = base set
    Malignance set 2 (green) = ranged stats
    malig set 3 (Brown / dark yellow) = pet stats
    Malig 3 (black) = evasion stats
    Malig 3 (red) = dd stats

etcetc

This would be fairly simple to add, it would just be recolors and some menu adjustments.

However it would add

More visual variety to a very popular armor set.
    Re-invigorate not only dark matter sales, but also give people renewed reason to care about dark matter campaigns again.
    Encourage players to do more Lillith (re-invigorate a good piece of long-term content) to get more sets after converting current or getting different colors for visual reasons.
    More cosmetics sets, I would do many of these just to get the recolors for lockstyle for instance.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dark matter sales don't need re-invigorating; it's a key crafting material for job-specific necks and weapons, which are still pretty high-demand and are mostly desired in their HQ form (greatly increasing material usage, with having to break continually at a risk of loss easy time to produce just one.) Also, blurred weapons which still have some value pre- and even post-ultimate for several jobs, and the chirich ring which is still worth making. Crafters love them some dark matter, it doesn't need the help. Neither does the dark matter campaign, which is still the only reasonable way to get those unique or best in slot dark matter augments on gear.

Lilith doesn't really need help either. That's a fight anyone on the relevant jobs is going to wind up doing a few hundred times anyway; most players would argue (and some already have, offering suggestions on how) that it should be made less necessary by allowing a way to get gear from it without relying entirely on low-chance random drops.

To be perfectly honest, the malignance set doesn't need the help, either. It's a full-time best in slot set for evasion and hybrid TP gain for any job that can wear it, basically a must-have set. Its only real competition is nyame with augment levels, which is difficult or inaccessible for a lot of players.

Recoloring gear would be nice, but you know what really needs reinvigorating? Synergy (still caps off at rank 80!) and the earlier high-tier mission battlefields, which are lucky to have a piece or two of gear that's still relevant, and then their rem's tales and plutons/beitetsu/boulders. Maybe add a dye to the loot pool for anything that drops a fixed rem's tale chapter (the ones that drop random ones are the ones people still choose to do for their own drops), make a level 90 synergy recipe for applying that dye to malignance (and maybe a couple other sets? I'd love to make nyame look a little different, myself), then have a level 100 synth with ALL the dyes and a set: sphere effect of some sort just for the real hardcore grinders. (... would anybody wear rainbow malignance gear if it meant a tiny tangible benefit? I mean, it COULD look nice but I bet it wouldn't...)
    (6)