Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,377
    Character
    Lilpotato
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

    People intentionally triggering Spike Flail on Mieru

    So on Asura a person called Razma intentionally spike flails Mieru over and over and over again, they do this for the full duration and have done it multiple times in the past. Spike flails every few seconds are going to cause perma wipes and a fail to kill.

    If this mechanic isn't going to be removed, and I know it's not. Why not allow them to be charmed? So we can kill them for doing it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-05-2022 at 01:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Player Tokimemofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    40
    Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes indeed, 160+ in zone at the time too. If GMs can’t get involved at the time at least players should have a way to mitigate malicious behavior when the consequences are a month long. This is the type of problem that will run the game into the ground if un answered
    (1)

  3. #3
    Player Catmato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    847
    Character
    Catmato
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Plz remove spike flail from Mireu thx.
    (1)
    It's your server.

  4. #4
    Player Zenion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Plz remove spike flail from Mireu thx.
    Or maybe make it only affect players with enmity, and/or only within a range of less than the entire confrontation area. (Even just giving trusts Mobilization status for as long as their party leader has it would help.)

    If it didn't make recovery absolutely impossible and joining the battle risky at best, it might not be so bad.

    Another possible fix might be making it so Spike Flail from Mireu has a unique added effect of removing Elvorseal from whoever has top enmity when it's used, forcing them to at least go back to the NPC and start over building enmity to do it again? (Or just fully erase their existing enmity?) On an ordinary dragon, that might not be a desirable behavior, but in this specific case, where Mireu just has so much potential for griefing, it would be well justified.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player Tokimemofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    40
    Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    Or maybe make it only affect players with enmity, and/or only within a range of less than the entire confrontation area. (Even just giving trusts Mobilization status for as long as their party leader has it would help.)

    If it didn't make recovery absolutely impossible and joining the battle risky at best, it might not be so bad.

    Another possible fix might be making it so Spike Flail from Mireu has a unique added effect of removing Elvorseal from whoever has top enmity when it's used, forcing them to at least go back to the NPC and start over building enmity to do it again? (Or just fully erase their existing enmity?) On an ordinary dragon, that might not be a desirable behavior, but in this specific case, where Mireu just has so much potential for griefing, it would be well justified.
    Mireu’s spike flail actually extends outside the confrontation area. Made it rather difficult to actually report the guy doing it
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    8,843
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Mireu’s spike flail actually extends outside the confrontation area. Made it rather difficult to actually report the guy doing it
    How is someone not in the confrontation able to trigger it?
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Nephitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Tyrjet
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    How is someone not in the confrontation able to trigger it?
    I think the indication here is that some people can't see who is doing it, because the spike flail reaches outside of the engagement area, so if you've an elvorseal, it can still hit you before you even run in, making it difficult to see who is doing it, and difficult to do the content.
    (1)

  8. #8
    Player Tokimemofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    40
    Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    How is someone not in the confrontation able to trigger it?
    I was actually just barely outside the confrontation zone when I got hit by it again. Obviously had the elvorseal, I was there at pop time because I was expecting there to be a problem after the mess 10 days earlier. Specifically up against the corner wall on the left side just inside the door. Enough that I got the red reset warning messages after I got knocked out and I still got hit again mid animation after raising. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning doesn’t end up being another shit show. Going to try to be there if I can stay awake long enough
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Sp1cyryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    501
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Razma has a superior Mireu strategy by fighting it from behind. The same as for the other DI dragons.

    Yesterday, I too fought Mireu from behind, and was pleased with the results. More people should join the movement of Mireu strategy.
    (1)

  10. #10
    Player Zenion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Razma has a superior Mireu strategy by fighting it from behind. The same as for the other DI dragons.
    If the goal is to defeat the dragon, and the result of the strategy being used is that the dragon is not defeated, it is not a superior strategy.

    But hey, if it works, that's cool too, I for one welcome a strategy where I can just kick back for 45 minutes waiting for someone else to try and solo the thing, if it gets the job done in the end.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast