Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    If you are going to add new zone/s, please post some teaser images. There is no reason not to do this.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    If you are going to add new zone/s, please post some teaser images. There is no reason not to do this.
    I feel like we're long overdue on some teasers.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cmon SE, don't tease us by not teasing things!
    (0)

Player
    -- deleted
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-09-2022 at 04:16 AM.

Player
    The problem with BG is that there are a few people who edit things to directly benefit themselves, wiki has far less of that and it's far more trustworthy.

The most notable examples of this are "errors" on hq tiers for subs or things like that.

Having said that for most things BGwiki is still amazing, but I have no doubt that if it was the only wiki that existed it would become less and less accurate every day.
    I don't know where you are getting this assumption from, but it's absolutely false.

Every day's changes are audited by multiple people. Over a dozen contributors watch the edits. Sometimes they'll make small adjustments on top of what's been changed for accuracy or grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem
    But to throw other nonsense in there, like "GE has viruses" or whatever, as I said, any website can be compromised- so that's just an unfair smear. Their focus has shifted to gaming news and reviews though. I write game reviews for them and despite appearances, we're all generally a decent bunch of people. So: again: People can go wherever they want, and that's fine. but to make up crap like we host viruses, well that's libel and simply not true.
    No one said they were serving viruses. They simply lost data due to a ransomware attack and didn't care enough to have a backup of the FFXI wiki to restore it from. Their priorities had shifted, is all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 04-08-2022 at 10:19 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The problem with BG is that there are a few people who edit things to directly benefit themselves, wiki has far less of that and it's far more trustworthy.

The most notable examples of this are "errors" on hq tiers for subs or things like that.

Having said that for most things BGwiki is still amazing, but I have no doubt that if it was the only wiki that existed it would become less and less accurate every day.
    Without getting involved with the rest of the shenanigans here about wikis or injecting opinions upon deaf ears. I will say that the quoted about BG is absolutely false, and any issues found should either be fixed by yourself or reported via the many various avenues that exist so that it may be corrected.

Seeing as that I have also taken it upon myself to watch the recent edits page for years. There are more than a few people who edit. This number has grown over the years, and BG is in a far better position and health and any other resource. This will likely only continue to be the case as time goes on. This is to say BG has and is improving while arguably no other resource is.

BG is not a partisan source. It is the single best community resource and it took many years, hands, and countless hours of sacrifice to forge such.
    (1)

Player
    Sub craft is wrong on BGwiki for Skeleton keys, needs to be updated as it impacts HQ tiers.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sub craft is wrong on BGwiki for Skeleton keys, needs to be updated as it impacts HQ tiers.
    Okay, and that minute detail is enough to go around citing that there is a malicious conspiracy of self-enrichment on behalf of an entire site?

What should the sub craft be? Byrthnoth personally placed the subcraft level for this item on BG. Byrth is an individual who doesn't just go around changing things without testing and evidence.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 04-09-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    People are free to refer to and get information from wherever they please.

I mean really, can't you just let byognes be bygones? He edited the link out just because he knew this would start something and well unfortunately for us, I have to say something about it.

I refused to use BGWiki at all for a long time when they were founded, because they (from what I could tell used already existing information to establish the wiki but didn't cite anything. And then they went and used a stricter CC license and watermarked all their images. At hte time, I felt like they were both plagarizing themselves while bending over to prevent it from anyone else.

But today, I in fact do refer to both them and other wikis and guides depending on what I'm looking for, with BG tending to be more reliable with statistical stuff and other sources better at guides and informational type stuff (I find it particularly problematic though, that their page on Ballista tells the reader in advance that "no one does this anymore." Include the information without the judgement.

Anyway, Dragoy, stick to your guns. No need to edit stuff just because someone felt like digging up an old wiki feud. As long as the information is correct, it doesn't matter where you choose to get it.
    Did you really use two open parentheses and not close either of them? Are you trying to trigger people?
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Did you really use two open parentheses and not close either of them? Are you trying to trigger people?
    Trying is a strong word here.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast