Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

So far I like the changes made to A.M.A.N. Trove. I have not seen too much of the possible loot yet, though, and I'm not sure I'd include some of the things I've seen so far. Still thank you for adjusting things!

Though... now I want more Silver Vouchers. Good thing I didn't do this much before though, so I have around 300 unused to test more with. ^^;

That said, not only in A.M.A.N. Trove, but in other content as well, it would be nice if duplicate Rare items would be clearly shown. For example, have them appear in the treasure pool, or show in the system log something like: "$ADVENTURER" was unable to obtain "$ITEM".

Some people like to keep notes and statistics on things like these, even though with this event the sounds the chests make might make it a bit more special.

Would also be nice if the Mimic was somehow adjusted, so that it would be easy to escape before K.O. (I know people who really hate K.O.). Thank you for removing the EXP penalty for that in a previous update (I guess it's still counted in a character's total K.O.). I did guess that might happen with the implementation of Master Levels.

ありがとう!おつかれ!またね!そして Thank you!

(Regarding the removed link: I wasn't sure about including it at all, and kind of forgot about it a bit in the end (it was just a reference to a start of a list of A.M.A.N. Trove statistics in a not-so-active wiki, which I prefer to edit and use over what wikia/fandom has become since 2010 or so, and the other options are not comfortable for other reasons). Me being the sole contributor, it felt a bit like self-advertising though (I'm also pretty slow at adding things, so it's not too helpful at this time), and I don't want it to start any off-topic stuff here.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 05-03-2022 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Added something forgotten, and removed a reference to a wiki so as to not incite (more) off-topic posts.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to read the feedback from the forums. I would like to open by saying the development team is doing a great job with keeping XI updated with new, relevant content that is challenging but fun.

I am not fond of the adjustment to TROVE. Adding TROVE specific gear and High Tier Battlefield gear, especially Crepuscular gear, seems like too much of a benefit to give away to players with no effort.

First, the TROVE specific gear is an absolutely terrible mechanic. On the surface, it appears that everybody has a chance at getting this gear for nothing from the TROVE. However, this gear is sellable. The reality for most players who will actually want to make use of this gear, we will have to purchase it from the auction house. This means that players who have spent countless hours farming gil will simply have to transfer all of that effort to somebody who just got lucky. Given that there are five pieces of gear, this will translate to literally hundreds of hours of my effort being transferred to somebody who did nothing to earn it.

Second, adding the Crepuscular gear, and to a lesser extent the Malignance and Odin gear, grants another unusually large benefit to characters for no effort. Personally, I have slain Shinryu 610 times on Very Difficult and have spent literally hundreds of hours trying to get a Cloak and a Dagger. I have yet to see either. The grind for that gear is very real and somebody getting a piece of Crepuscular Gear is essentially a get-out-of-grind free card worth potentially 50 to 100 hours of grind. It seems like an unusually large benefit for no effort.

Basically, my complaint is some of the new drops seems like it is giving away far too much for free. And in the case of the new sellable drops, it's giving away the effort and the gil of the players who are going to be forced to buy the gear. I know it won't be changed. And I know I am very much in the minority with this viewpoint. But I don't like it.

Thank you for your time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Velner; 04-06-2022 at 04:56 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Gamerescape link
    Wha.. why?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Wha.. why?
    People are free to refer to and get information from wherever they please.

I mean really, can't you just let byognes be bygones? He edited the link out just because he knew this would start something and well unfortunately for us, I have to say something about it.

I refused to use BGWiki at all for a long time when they were founded, because they (from what I could tell used already existing information to establish the wiki but didn't cite anything. And then they went and used a stricter CC license and watermarked all their images. At hte time, I felt like they were both plagarizing themselves while bending over to prevent it from anyone else.

But today, I in fact do refer to both them and other wikis and guides depending on what I'm looking for, with BG tending to be more reliable with statistical stuff and other sources better at guides and informational type stuff (I find it particularly problematic though, that their page on Ballista tells the reader in advance that "no one does this anymore." Include the information without the judgement.

Anyway, Dragoy, stick to your guns. No need to edit stuff just because someone felt like digging up an old wiki feud. As long as the information is correct, it doesn't matter where you choose to get it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-06-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Once again you add new gear that enhances spells for RDM and oither jobs that are constantly showered with cool unique buffs... Why cant BLU get anything to enhance blue magic? We are tired of casting the same buffs every 60s, some duration+ and additional potency+ gear plz
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Anyway, Dragoy, stick to your guns. No need to edit stuff just because someone felt like digging up an old wiki feud. As long as the information is correct, it doesn't matter where you choose to get it.
    The comment wasn't posted because of "an old wiki feud." The comment was posted because it's literally a waste of time/effort to edit Gamer Escape of all things. No one is going to see it. No one checks Gamer Escape because, when they caught a virus a few years ago, they just wholesale copied FFXIclopedia yet again including the homepage and left it like that for a week. It has virtually no unique information.

If you want to edit FFXIclopedia and hope the information stays up for several years until Wikia destroys it, by all means, go for it. At least people might see it there.
    (3)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to read the feedback from the forums. I would like to open by saying the development team is doing a great job with keeping XI updated with new, relevant content that is challenging but fun.

I am not fond of the adjustment to TROVE. Adding TROVE specific gear and High Tier Battlefield gear, especially Crepuscular gear, seems like too much of a benefit to give away to players with no effort.

First, the TROVE specific gear is an absolutely terrible mechanic. On the surface, it appears that everybody has a chance at getting this gear for nothing from the TROVE. However, this gear is sellable. The reality for most players who will actually want to make use of this gear, we will have to purchase it from the auction house. This means that players who have spent countless hours farming gil will simply have to transfer all of that effort to somebody who just got lucky. Given that there are five pieces of gear, this will translate to literally hundreds of hours of my effort being transferred to somebody who did nothing to earn it.

Second, adding the Crepuscular gear, and to a lesser extent the Malignance and Odin gear, grants another unusually large benefit to characters for no effort. Personally, I have slain Shinryu 610 times on Very Difficult and have spent literally hundreds of hours trying to get a Cloak and a Dagger. I have yet to see either. The grind for that gear is very real and somebody getting a piece of Crepuscular Gear is essentially a get-out-of-grind free card worth potentially 50 to 100 hours of grind. It seems like an unusually large benefit for no effort.

Basically, my complaint is some of the new drops seems like it is giving away far too much for free. And in the case of the new sellable drops, it's giving away the effort and the gil of the players who are going to be forced to buy the gear. I know it won't be changed. And I know I am very much in the minority with this viewpoint. But I don't like it.

Thank you for your time.
    I disagree, obviously. A friend has done Shinryu over 1k times and has yet to see the cloak. Either the drop rate needed a buff or it needed to be added to something else to help increase the chance you'll eventually see it.
    As for no work, it is still work. Very little for a mars orb or two, but for the max per month you can spend quite a while going through monthly objectives to get the rest.
    Less luck is required if you go in with the determination group to kill the mimic if it spawns for at least some guaranteed drops.
    Trove is basically a bronze gacha though. The fact you can sell the trove specific items at least means if you aren't lucky you still have a way to get them at least: Unlike the bonanza specific items.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The comment wasn't posted because of "an old wiki feud." The comment was posted because it's literally a waste of time/effort to edit Gamer Escape of all things. No one is going to see it. No one checks Gamer Escape because, when they caught a virus a few years ago, they just wholesale copied FFXIclopedia yet again including the homepage and left it like that for a week. It has virtually no unique information.

If you want to edit FFXIclopedia and hope the information stays up for several years until Wikia destroys it, by all means, go for it. At least people might see it there.
    You're welcome to your opinion, but people are free to do whatever they want, whether the effort is in your opinion wasted or not. I mean, even if we agree that's true, what's it to you if someone wastes their time writing something "no one" will see?

No one is going to see it. No one checks Gamer Escape because, when they caught a virus a few years ago, they just wholesale copied FFXIclopedia yet again including the homepage and left it like that for a week.
    They were the founders of FFXIclopedia, they had every right to do that. And virtually every website gets compromised at some point. There have been ads with viruses on Square Enix pages in the past, so what's your point? Security compromises happen every day, that's why we have anti-malware software.

They forked FFXIclopedia (completely allowed under the CC-BY-SA license) because they had originally intended to move, but Wikia (now "Fandom") does/did not let even the owner/founder of a wiki remove it. So there was no choice but to leave the original there, which of course means most of the people involved aren't going to bother because it's easier to do nothing.

See, its exactly as I said, digging up an old feud. If you don't like GE, fine, don't go there. But what other people do with their time is not your business.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They were the founders of FFXIclopedia, they had every right to do that.
    CC-BY-SA means anyone has the right. The version of FFXIclopedia GE cloned in 2017 had VW/SoA/RoV content and was much larger and more functional than the version they forked in 2010 when they sold it to Wikia. I mean we talked about this at length in DMs in 2017 when it happened. Just because you can do something legally, doesn't mean you should^

As long as the site stays active with editors and visitors, they won't destroy it. I had that conversation with them in 2015 when I took on admin responsibility, as the previous active admin had gone AWOL and they were considering incorporating it into finalfantasy.fandom.com, removing all of the detail and 90% of the articles. More than likely it'll outlast the current incarnation of the game.

Dragoy, we're of course happy to host any info (I cleared the AMAN rewards pages yesterday because of the significant update to the drop list), but I understand if FFXIclopedia isn't your bag.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    CC-BY-SA means anyone has the right. The version of FFXIclopedia GE cloned in 2017 had VW/SoA/RoV content and was much larger and more functional than the version they forked in 2010 when they sold it to Wikia. I mean we talked about this at length in DMs in 2017 when it happened. Just because you can do something legally, doesn't mean you should^

As long as the site stays active with editors and visitors, they won't destroy it. I had that conversation with them in 2015 when I took on admin responsibility, as the previous active admin had gone AWOL and they were considering incorporating it into finalfantasy.fandom.com, removing all of the detail and 90% of the articles. More than likely it'll outlast the current incarnation of the game.

Dragoy, we're of course happy to host any info (I cleared the AMAN rewards pages yesterday because of the significant update to the drop list), but I understand if FFXIclopedia isn't your bag.
    If wikia had simply allowed them to move, there wouldn't have been that kind of a mess.

However, as a general rule, in spirit I agree with "Just becuase you can doesn't mean you should," which is for the record, part of why I agreed to give up admin control on FFXIclopedia. But that does also apply here. Nobody should have been shamed for whatever information source they used, even if it's old from a wiki people aren't using (which I also don't dispute).

But to throw other nonsense in there, like "GE has viruses" or whatever, as I said, any website can be compromised- so that's just an unfair smear. Their focus has shifted to gaming news and reviews though. I write game reviews for them and despite appearances, we're all generally a decent bunch of people. So: again: People can go wherever they want, and that's fine. but to make up crap like we host viruses, well that's libel and simply not true.

Mainly though, I have a bigger issue with someone else being shamed because they referred to a website someone else doesn't like, which led to this mess. Dragoy didn't deserve to get that.

And also side note: Even I don't use the GE XI wiki in all honesty. I've had FFXIclopedia in my bookmarks since around the first time I ever visited, so it was always more convenient. My only involvement at this point is writing game reviews.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast