Character
    Leons
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Za'Dha Adamanting won't pop

Hello,
    I'm reporting a monster related issue, precisely regarding the quadav king NM named Za'Dha Adamanting on here hoping someone may know more about its current in-game behavior.
    I'm on the Sylph server and I've been camping this NM for at least 10 days without seeing it pop off its NQ placeholder: Diamond Quadav.
    On BgWiki and FFXIclopedia it says Za'Dha Adamanking would pop not over the 7th Diamond Quadav's day, but that hasn't happened so far; I haven't kept track of the number of days but I'm pretty confident it has been at least 10 days so far.
    It would seem that most of the times Diamond Quadav would pop during its 21-24 window, after the last one had been defeated, however in certain cases, after 3-4 days or so it would take longer, like around 30 to 36 hours, almost as if in those occasions the HQ version had popped and been defeated (even if it hadn't) or if there had been a server mainteinence.
    Does anyone know if the websites need to be updated, because this NM pop condition have had a change in one of the previous FFXI updates? Or if this is a bug that needs to be addressed to a Square Enix supervisor?
    Many thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On BgWiki and FFXIclopedia it says Za'Dha Adamanking would pop not over the 7th Diamond Quadav's day, but that hasn't happened so far; I haven't kept track of the number of days but I'm pretty confident it has been at least 10 days so far.
    Well, this is under the assumption that the placeholder mob is killed right away every time it spawns. If not killed right away, it can certainly take longer. it's every 2 to 7 times, not every 2 to 7 days.

There is no bug or change in the pop conditions that I'm aware of.
    (0)

Character
    Leons
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've been killing Diamond Quadav spawns not long after they popped; I was checking every 30 minutes on the 21-24 window, like people used to do with the old HNMs.

The times he popped after the 24 hour mark, pushing towards 30-36 hours, I killed Diamond Quadav later and not straight away, because I warped and came back to check in Qulun Dome every 2 hours instead of leaving my character there, but pop still occurred on the same day (for example the late afternoon instead of morning earth time). During these few days, the times it popped earlier (like for example if it popped 21 hours and 30 minutes after the last ToD instead of 24+ hours) would make up for the times he popper later, leaving its pop time on around the same time of the day earth time.

By saying all this I also want to clarify that when I say 2-7 days I mean 2-7 Diamond Quadav spawn times as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yolenzo; 04-01-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know from experience that many lotto NMs don't have a hard cap on the number of times it takes. It may very well just be an average. While this NM has been around forever and no lotto NM will spawn without at least one placeholder kill, the range here could just be an average.

Annoyingly, a lot of older NMs that were changed to force pop, the information on their time as lotto spawns is buried pretty deep. But with some digging, I recalled the info on the Big Three (nidhogg/aspi/KB) and they were indicated not to have any maximum number of placeholders before spawning. That's very likely the case here and you just need to be patient.
    (2)