Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

This is my story how Final Fantasy XI became my world

Back in the day I was looking for the next Final Fantasy Game after playing Final Fantasy X.

I went to PC World looing for the new Final Fantasy Game when there told me about Final Fantasy XI an online game, this was back in 2004.

I got the game and played it on the lowest settings possible as the laptop was not high spec at the time and struggled to play the game, it would crash every time I zoned.

Despite that, I still played the game for a few hours at a time, not knowing what I was doing and asking question like where was the inn, so I could recover.
    This is where I learned about the mog house. Ofcouse over time I learned about the heal command, which made it a lot easier than running back to the mog house to get my hp back up.

At the time I was a Red Mage Hume from Windurst.
    I Choice Windurst as I love nature and a big fan of the outdoors, so this starting are was spot on for me.

I choice Red Mage as I wanted to solo this game, but at lvl 32 this was getting harder and harder to do.
    It was also at this time I learned about farming, and started to farm silks from Crawlers, that netted me 200k per stack, and was making about 1mil a day.

It was at this point I invested in a new PC for the game, and was able to play Final Fantasy XI at the highest possible settings, and with no crashes every time I zoned.
    I was blowen away by the graphics at the time.

Since I was not comfotable in been in party to level up, I created a new character called Crawlerbasher, a White Mage Tarutaru from Windurst, named so from all the Crawler Bashing I did to make my Gils back in the days.

So as White Mage I was able to learn how to party and became one of the best healers on the Remora servers at the time.

I had to pay gil to high level players to help me with LB quest, so at this point I vowed to help new players for free with getting thought the game.

I even created a Linkshell called The Heart of Windurst.

Over the coming ages I levelled up Thief, Black Mage and Beastmaster.

After spending 10 years playing the game I stopped.
    There was nothing left for me in the game.
    I kept coming back, but nothing was there to keep me there.

But During the lock down due to Covid, I came back to the game, and since then I have carryed on playing on Crawlerbasher after Transferring to Asura server.

And to recapture the story I loved so much, I've created a Mithra Paladin to replay the stories that I loved so much.

By the way, it would be nice if we could do some sort of in game memory wipe so we can replay the story again as many time as we like.

And now from trying to solo to parting to now soloing with trust, and some times working together with my new linkshell...

This is my story.
    (3)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Create another character and play it again. Can always use another mule anyway

Game, crawler, transfer and a number of other words in your story are not proper nouns and should not be capitalized.

Aside from the transferring to Asura part, which I didn't and won't ever do, my story is rather oddly similar. lol. But for me the jobs were summoner, puppetmaster, and some dancer and scholar.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-28-2022 at 01:56 PM.