Character
    Kegfreak
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

SE, I have a suggestion for Apex Camps!

Thinking about this over and over, I believe the door in Crawler's Nest (S) was a missed opportunity. Other places in Vana'Diel can have these doors to prevent access to Apex Camps and Key Items would be required to access them.

Place an NPC in each major region to purchase a Key Item.

NPC would only let you purchase a Key Item for that region if you have the following things done:
    -All Missions from Nations, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, Seekers of Audolin, & Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. The in-game check would be to see if the RoE is completed.

-Battlefields Unafraid of the Dark, Black and White, Sealed Fate & Heroines' Combat II are completed. In-game would be a title check like most quests.

-The Key Item would cost players 500,000 Conquest Points for Apex camp access in the Mainlands(FFXI, RoZ, & CoP). 500,000 Imperial Standing for Apex camp access in areas connected to Treasures of Aht Urhgan. 500,000 Allied Notes for Apex camp access in areas connected to Wings of the Goddess. Lastly 500,000 Balyd for Apex camp access in areas connected to Seekers of Audolin.

Even as a veteran player, I do not have the requirements for access to those Apex camps I suggested, yet. If a Game Master or STF does a check on players at those camps, they should be able to easily tell if they really have access, or if they used a third-party program to get there.

Thank you for listening.
    (0)
    Last edited by kegfreak; 03-16-2022 at 02:54 AM.
    Idris Obtained ~ 12/10/2018
    Trishula Obtained ~ I forget when after Idris though.

Character
    Shynoe
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't forget to have max Abyssea fame and 1000 unique RoE objectives completed. They're called "Master Levels" for a reason!
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    those monster camps would be pretty useless if the people who need them can't access them.

I'm pretty sure just requiring the Master Breaker by itself would filter out most people w ho shouldn't be there.
    (1)

Player
    Wouldn't that just hurt regular players who are trying to set up a master level party?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Wouldn't that just hurt regular players who are trying to set up a master level party?
    His list of criteria is deliberately ridiculous.

As a temporary measure to see if people are using cheats and ban all such people, it would be amusing. But the post is being deliberately dumb- some of those battlefields for example, are entirely optional content that players really have no reason to do except for the fun of it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    His list of criteria is deliberately ridiculous.
    I'll say. The post feels like a troll. I didn't even give it that close a read the first time. He wants it to be a requirement that you complete FOUR different master trials? I haven't completed even one. Very few people have, and virtually nobody has done FOUR. And I am a long running veteran player (on and off since 2004).

I could actually meet two of those conquest point etc., requirements but that's only because I'm a compulsive completer of the RoE limited time challenges and currently have 970 copper vouchers.

I haven't been on the forum long, but it seems like a lot of the problems people want SE to fix are exclusive to the vastly overpopulated Asura server. I was over there for a while, but fled to the 2nd most populated server (Bahamut) after a while. And Bahamut is immensely better. Virtually no bots, Salvage easy to get into, /yell channel mostly legitimate players trying to get groups together. No Oboro clone ripping people off..
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll say. The post feels like a troll.
    That's largely because it is, but it's also meant to illustrate an issue.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's largely because it is, but it's also meant to illustrate an issue.
    Then the issue must have gone straight over my head because I don't get it.

I've always wanted to do a master trial but they really intimidate me.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Then the issue must have gone straight over my head because I don't get it.

I've always wanted to do a master trial but they really intimidate me.
    The poster made this thread to illustrate the issue of bots taking over apex camps. So he proposed a purposely ridiculous set of hurdles to pass to be able to access the camps to make it so only people who really want to be there can get there. Of course, its way over the top, but that's what the point of the thread was.
    (1)