Character
    Urgo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Mythic weapon (recovery?)

I finally completed my first (and probably only) REMA. After years of figuring I'd never have the resources to complete a mythic (Kenkonken) I finally did. Unfortunately, Instead of a Kenkonken, it turned out to be a Kogarasumaru. I suppose technically I haven't completed it yet, I just finished Duties, Tasks, and Deeds. The unfinished Kogarasumaru is sitting in my inventory and I'm freshly on Forging a New Myth.

I can't for the life of me figure why I would have started Kogarasumaru when I couldn't even have recalled what the sam mythic was when I've always wanted a Kenkonken. Still, here I am looking at something I never in any way expected to be looking at.

Anyway, I thought I'd hit up SE and see if they could do anything about it. I tried this first https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=20&la=1&kid=12645 and got an email telling me to make an in game report with a GM. The 4 tickets I've made in game have all had different responses and nobody actually spoke with me. One told me to talk to players in game and another told me to make a bug report on these forums. I'm wondering at this point if anybody is even reading my tickets.

I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I was excited to finally see a REMA weapon in the game I've been playing since before Promathia. This isn't exactly how I envisioned it. How do I actually contact someone?

All this culminated on 3/11/2022 (day of Duties, Tasks, and Deeds completion)

If any SE people are out there and it's possible to help with this... Help
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just going to be upfront with you and tell you they're not going to help you if you picked the wrong weapon. You're lucky if they help you and you picked the right one. SE has a total hands-off approach when it comes to gameplay issues, outside of player disputes and, again, accidentally thrown away/vendored items.

You can make a followup call asking for escalation but even the SGM/LGMs are not going to help you. Generally the only help that can be provided with regards to items is restoring an item you threw away or sold to a vendor, and only if you report it promptly. Who knows if they'll even still do that now that they added the recycle bin. They under no circumstances will help you with quests in any way, including making selections you didn't intend to make.

It's pretty hard to pick the wrong weapon, considering you have to trade an item specific to the job whose weapon you want in order to start the process, so I can only assume you misread a guide or got an inaccurate one somewhere.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-12-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Greetings fellow adventurer,

Unfortunately the issue you are describing is something we are not able to assist with in the Technical Support Forum. However, we advise contacting a Game Master in game using the /helpdesk command as they may be able to assist further.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    (1)
    Last edited by Darneltia; 03-22-2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Grammar error