Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

March 2022 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (1)

Character
    Shuko
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have been enjoying the sakura fall in game alot, though as my shell grows, the 64 player limit of players on at once is getting noticed more and more. With ps2 limitations gone now, can this be raised at all? so people don't seek out other linkshells?
    (0)
    Our Linkshell website: https://vsaints.com/

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Hello, please add gear to effect the potency of additional effects on Blue Magic and also gear to enhance duration of the buffs.

Also, you should consider adding an intense version to vol2 as an option, it would open up the amount of varied battles to everyone and some of those have unique mechanics that could be fun for high end players. Barely anyone I know even does vol2.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuko View Post
    I have been enjoying the sakura fall in game alot, though as my shell grows, the 64 player limit of players on at once is getting noticed more and more. With ps2 limitations gone now, can this be raised at all? so people don't seek out other linkshells?
    It's not a PS2 limitation
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just had a look at the new Apex mobs in Crawler's Nest (S). I must say it looks like an excellent spot for doing AoE(area of effect) apex killing in a party w/ a tank.
    As such, please remove the nerf to BLM from ~2005 where AoE spells' damage was changed to be reduced by the number of targets hit by the cast.
    At present, a BLM is better off getting TP and weapon skilling for damage than casting -aga/aja spells for damage. (this adjustment also applied to banishgas, sch's kaustra, and even diaga)

FYI, this is a very old adjustment separate from the one that reduces dmg to additional targets in Dynamis Divergence - Jeuno & Odyssey sheol a/b/c.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 03-10-2022 at 10:12 PM.

Player
    New Apex re-textures are great!
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Just had a look at the new Apex mobs in Crawler's Nest (S). I must say it looks like an excellent spot for doing AoE(area of effect) apex killing in a party w/ a tank.
    As such, please remove the nerf to BLM from ~2005 where AoE spells' damage was changed to be reduced by the number of targets hit by the cast.
    At present, a BLM is better off getting TP and weapon skilling for damage than casting -aga/aja spells for damage. (this adjustment also applied to banishgas, sch's kaustra, and even diaga)

FYI, this is a very old adjustment separate from the one that reduces dmg to additional targets in Dynamis Divergence - Jeuno & Odyssey sheol a/b/c.
    Very unlikely to happen. Even FFXIV does this (on a skill by skill basis though) to prevent AoE damage from being too much more efficient than the single target things to the point that they never get used.
    (0)

Character
    Shuko
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not a PS2 limitation
    Was it newly implemented then? I've never had to deal with it til about 2019 or so, but then again I can't say I ever played with more then a small handful of people before then, linkshells under 20 from US release on
    (0)
    Our Linkshell website: https://vsaints.com/

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Very unlikely to happen. Even FFXIV does this (on a skill by skill basis though) to prevent AoE damage from being too much more efficient than the single target things to the point that they never get used.
    Why are you taking this stance? Did you even read my whole post?

Your argument doesn't hold water since there's a giant hole of AoE not all being reduced in that way, Only certain ones were nerf'd long ago. New stuff never felt the nerf, well until they added a gimmick to nerf all AoE on additional targets, but guess what?! It also applies to elemental magic AoE, meaning it gets double nerf'd.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuko View Post
    Was it newly implemented then? I've never had to deal with it til about 2019 or so, but then again I can't say I ever played with more then a small handful of people before then, linkshells under 20 from US release on
    It is a PS2 limitation. It's always been like that, it's the way the game was coded from the start based on PS2 limits and the issue of trying to change code on something that old can create numerous new bugs. It's why they have always been slow to increase inventory, and why many other things are as wonky as they are.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast