Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Wardrobes

Player

New Wardrobes

After waiting such a long time for the coming "Inventory Relief" my disappointment in FFXI and Square Enix as a whole cannot be overstated that the change is simply 4 new paid Wardrobes, expecting us to pay 8$ more per month to play at optimal inventory. I was annoyed enough at the 4$ change years ago but ultimately it came with 2 free ones as well, so at least that was something. They've created the inventory problem by making it hard for us to throw gear away because so much of it is always useful somewhere, and are selling us the solution. I've been on the fence a long time, only playing occasionally, but this may be the final nail in the coffin for me.
    (7)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    They told us right from the start their inventory solution was going to be premium.
    Were you planning to quit way back then and just waited until now to go through with it?
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Stop being babies, its cheap and you know you want all that precious inventory space. Cmon, you want it
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    They told us right from the start their inventory solution was going to be premium.
    Were you planning to quit way back then and just waited until now to go through with it?
    I don't believe that's the case, I'd love if you could link me to such a thing, if it was, I completely missed it, I almost quit when the first wardrobe service came out, but the fact that two came out for free was at least something, had I known that was the plan at the time, I would've completely quit then, yes, I more or less did anyway, I've barely played these past few years, largely due to inventory issues, and yes I did decide to completely quit now.

Edit: Someone is compiling the mentioned inventory comments from SE sources:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Inventory_Expansion

These did not at all give me the impression that the inventory changes would simply be new paid wardrobes, it's easy to back-justify it now, but the comments are extremely open-ended and nonspecific, though they usually point at something new, rather than more of the same.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-13-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I will definitely agree that I was not expecting it to just be more generic wardrobes like what we've had in the past. My mistake.
    Why create a permanent solution to a problem you created when you can create a temporary one while also inflating the ways to fill that extra space (additional equipsets in preperation for more situational gear) at a monthly fee no less.

I don't remember what was said but in some interview (i think; maybe a post though) I did get the impression that w/e they decided on would be a premium "feature."
    (0)

Player
    I don't remember what was said but in some interview (i think; maybe a post though) I did get the impression that w/e they decided on would be a premium "feature."
    You are correct in remembering that at some point in recent, they began discussing it as a paid feature. I'm the guy who started compiling those quotes recently but I'd have to happen back onto the post or interview to be able to cite it. Thankfully, it's the player's wiki and anyone can add it as well if they come across the information.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Perhaps it was the July 2020 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest?

At least that's what I was thinking of just the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko Matsui at around 4:47
    It'll most likely end up as a paid feature [...]
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2s3za9r_tU&t=4m11s

I actually thought the bags are 1 EUR or 1 USD each, but only recently figured out that they're double that. Granted, they work on all characters on the account, but methinks I'll stick to my extra characters that only cost 1 EUR each... due to which I already pay almost 20 EUR per 30 days.
    (2)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Good catch, Dragoy. Added that to the article.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Perhaps it was the July 2020 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest?

At least that's what I was thinking of just the other day.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2s3za9r_tU&t=4m11s

I actually thought the bags are 1 EUR or 1 USD each, but only recently figured out that they're double that. Granted, they work on all characters on the account, but methinks I'll stick to my extra characters that only cost 1 EUR each... due to which I already pay almost 20 EUR per 30 days.
    Well, I never did see that, I wish I would've seen that, however, even at that phrasing, if you'll remember the earliest inventory expansion we got, the satchel, was tied to a one time cost, I could've stomached that if the price was reasonable, but, effectively raising the subscription fee is what really turns me off, had I known that specifically was what was going to happen, yes I would've fully quit sooner.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Imagine quitting because of an optional 2~12 dollar charge a month. Yikes.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast