Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

February 2022 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (6)

Character
    Shuko
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    lots of snow here, great time for gaming matsui! Thanks for asking
    (1)
    Our Linkshell website: https://vsaints.com/

Character
    Paimeii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As much as the extra space in Mog Wardrobes sounds appealing, all it does is leave a very sour taste in my mouth. Surely you have realized that by now the only thing FFXI offers is to repeat the same content on different jobs. While this isn't surprising with an MMO that runs as long as FFXI, nor does it have to be a bad thing, it does create a strong tie between how playable the game is and the amount of inventory space. Enough inventory space translates into people gearing new jobs (doing the same old content) and thus playing, while no inventory space translates into people repeating the same content with the same jobs; quite possibly leading to less time played and/or subscription cancellation. 15 years ago I would have called a huge chunk of extra inventory a "premium service" today I'd call it the lifeline of your game. After nearly twenty years, of which I've played a good 17, you dare to offer your loyal player base a "premium service" that is more or less required if you want to have even the slightest 'new' experience that playing a different job can give you. You are basically saying; this game is 20 years old, but if you (nearly) double your subscription cost, you'll have something to do still. I find this outrageous and disappointing. I'd expect half of the Mog Wardrobes to be free at the very least, like they were last time. Last but not least; I can't imagine what this'll mean for the loading times and lag, both of which have always been unacceptably bad for EU players, and both of which you've been unwilling to fix since the original release (It appears hard to fix the server upload cap; causing it to just not send half the information once we reach R3000).

Edit: Ninja edited 2 grammar mistakes.
    (11)
    Last edited by Jmr; 02-10-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Character
    Feanorsof
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thank you for the extra wardrobes, I was so glad to see we received all 8 today as well as a huge improvement to accessing the equip menu when zoning.

I have managed to fully equip 9 jobs before this update without resorting to accessing mules as well as a fully decorated mog house, but have gladly paid for the extra wardrobes to allow much faster job changes and an empty inventory when playing certain jobs. The fact that your subscription has remained the same since 2002 despite 20 years of inflation is amazing and we are still getting new content to this day, I really have no issue paying for premium inventory space to help support the game further.
    (3)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Had hoped you'd double the wardrobes, ie 4x free and 2x each for each additional £1 cost so people already paying for 3 & 4 would have eight now.

The inflation argument doesn't hold water at all, c'mon. Not only is the price of something set by the market, but ten years ago the game had a full development team, double the number of servers, etc. The overheads today are minor; likely enough the original investment, development and hardware costs have been repaid many times over.

I'm not complaining about paying the current basic sub level and a couple of extras. I want to support FFXI. Perhaps I'm in the minority though, when there are people paying for a dozen mules and a few subscriptions to multibox with.

edit: Oh, Voracious Resurgence was great fun again, thanks!
    (4)
    Last edited by Haldarn; 02-10-2022 at 10:22 PM.
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Afrotaru
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    how you worded "recycle" before the update, is it just me or was i thinking you were adjusting the job trait? Not that i'm complaining lol, this new recycle bin system seems really nice, i'm sure it'll go a long way for players who accidently drop important gear and rema's instead of having to go through gm's
    (2)

Character
    Tomasello
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Please offer the Shadow Lord Shirt through the monthly login campaign for points..... You offer every other shirt but why not this one?!? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (0)

Player
    A minor nitpick but still annoying.

With the old inventory system you could press alt and right arrow to page down your inventory, now you have to press ctrl and right. Alt and right now changes bag, this is so cumbersome. It would of been far far better to have ctrl right as the key combination to change bag and alt and r to still page down.

Now you have to move your thumb into an annoying position to do the thing you'll be doing far more often, and the combination you'll be doing far far less is easier to reach.

Would be nice to have an option to swap this, I guess I'll get used to it but it's so annoying and cumbersome right now.
    (1)

Character
    Ashenbubs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    A minor nitpick but still annoying.

With the old inventory system you could press alt and right arrow to page down your inventory, now you have to press ctrl and right. Alt and right now changes bag, this is so cumbersome. It would of been far far better to have ctrl right as the key combination to change bag and alt and r to still page down.

Now you have to move your thumb into an annoying position to do the thing you'll be doing far more often, and the combination you'll be doing far far less is easier to reach.

Would be nice to have an option to swap this, I guess I'll get used to it but it's so annoying and cumbersome right now.
    I’d have to second this - I sometimes find it funny when people didn’t know they could page up/down their inventory in the past, but for people like us who zoom through our menus with muscle memory, this is going to take some time to get used to the change of buttons! It’s a fantastic feature none-the-less.

Thank you very much for resolving the player-bases inventory issues! I’m not quite at the point of needing them, but I can easily see how valuable they are to the community here! Looking forward to future changes like this
    (0)

Player
    Actually appreciated this update, but I hope (but not hold my breath) that the team may one day revisit the problem of loading times for inventory. This update brought an improvement on the user end and some optional additional storage for those who which to purchase it.

Thanks.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast