Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll be honest, I can't seem to reproduce the issue as described.

From what they're saying, it makes it sound as though the cursor position in the item list changes when a delayed equipset change takes place (you can't activate a macro while in any inventory screen or the item list from the "items" command during battle). I've tried many times to do this and nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen. I've never had to "re-scroll" to an item after a gear swap takes place, either by equipset or equip. But maybe I don't fully understand the issue, but it sounds like some external force could be causing your problem.
    (0)

Character
    Pertalee
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hi.

You can reproduce it by going to Reisenjima and creating a Cure macro.

/ma "Cure III" <t>
    /equipset 001 <wait .5>
    /equipset 002 <wait .5>
    /equipset 003

Then select a target, and enter your short menu. (Chat, Magic, Abilities, Trust, Items, Trade, Check).

Leave your cursor on "Items".

Execute the Macro.

Immediately enter the items menu (say you need a Lucid Elixir II, since you are running out of mp).

Before you can select the item, the inventory refreshes and refreshes your cursor, because of the 2nd set in the macro.

You now have to scramble to find the item again.

It is not the end of the world, but it could be quite critical on several fights (V20, HELMS, etc), where the entire party is relying on your ability to cure quickly and keep your MP up with Vile Elixirs, or temporary items.

RE:
    By "refreshing," do you mean that the items are being re-organized or that your cursor position is being moved? - The cursor position is reset to the top.

Does the refresh seem to occur as soon as you execute the macro with an equipment set/equip command, or while the equipment is being swapped? - It occurs while the gear is swapping in the middle of the macro.

I will look into the bug report if other people are able to reproduce the issue. Maybe its just a me thing!
    (0)
    Last edited by Mxsx; 03-04-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    /equipset 001 <wait .5>
    Fractional values are rounded up, .5 is the same as 1. I used to do this myself but it became clear that there was actually no difference.

Execute the Macro.

Immediately enter the items menu (say you need a Lucid Elixir II, since you are running out of mp).

Before you can select the item, the inventory refreshes and refreshes your cursor, because of the 2nd set in the macro.
    I've done this many times- not specfically to cast cure, mind you, but it has never happened to me. That said, I only used normal items, not temporary items, for this. Perhaps you should check this to narrow it down.

The temporary item list is kind of special so it is likely an important distinction.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxsx View Post
    Hi.

You can reproduce it by going to Reisenjima and creating a Cure macro.

/ma "Cure III" <t>
    /equipset 001 <wait .5>
    /equipset 002 <wait .5>
    /equipset 003

Then select a target, and enter your short menu. (Chat, Magic, Abilities, Trust, Items, Trade, Check).

Leave your cursor on "Items".

Execute the Macro.

If I'm reading this right, this should result into "You must close the currently open window to use that command.", with the 'equipset' commands not even being executed.
    (2)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, you have to use a macro and then open the item window. With it already open, it shouldn't work at all.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4