Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

switching guilds and guild point items

I switched from woodworking to clothcraft long ago. I'm pretty sure I had lumberjack key item. But, I can't use bundling twine now. Woodworking is capped at lvl70. Can I get this key item again, without losing any clothcraft key items?
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hiya!

I am also a member of the Weavers' Guild at the moment, having been a member of the Carpenters' Guild in the past. I also purchased the Lumberjack Key Item - double-checking, it's in my Permanent Key Items a way down amongst all of my other crafting Key Items (a few after the Pure White Feather, if that helps).

I just double-checked and I completed a synth for Oak Lumber x3 with Bundling Twine, hence making use of my Lumberjack KI.

Maybe you had Lumberjack on an alt or previous character? Anyhow, the answer to your question is yes.

You can check your existing Guild Points from the Status > Currencies menu. If you have enough Guild Points (Woodworking), i.e. 10,000, you can purchase it immediately from Andreas in the Carpenters' Guild in Northern San d'Oria. If you don't, you'll need to switch guilds in order to trade items for Woodworking Guild Points. Once you switch guilds, you can't trade items to the new one for Guild Points until the next JP midnight rolls around. You don't lose Guild Points between guilds when you switch, and you don't lose Key Items, or the use of them when you switch.

Hope that helps!
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Cheyrn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hmm. I have 0 woodworking points, but more than 0 in other guilds that are capped.

So, maybe I switched guilds before woodworking was capped. It's odd. I remember using bundling twine. Anyway, that's good to know. After escutcheons for clothcraft, it sounds like I can go back to get items from other guilds.
    (0)