Greetings, adventurers!
Matsui here with the skinny on the next FFXI version update.

Before we get started, I've got a reminder about the primeval brew compensation period.
Make sure to claim your complimentary primeval brew—generally only obtainable via exchanging escha silt—before the version update maintenance begins on Thursday, February 10th. There are only a few short days left, so make sure you don’t miss out.

If you need a reminder on eligibility for this compensation, check out the January version update information.

With that out of the way, let’s talk about February!

We’re pleased to announce that the long-awaited expansion to storage systems is coming your way in the form of additional Mog Wardrobe slots. The Mog Wardrobe is a premium service, so those of you in need of extra storage may be interested in signing up.

In addition to the storage system expansion, we’re also increasing the space in your macro book and number of available equipment sets, and are also making a couple of UI adjustments that we hope will ease some pain points you may have been feeling. These changes will be available to all players regardless of Mog Wardrobe status, so check them out and enjoy your suite of expanded macro and equipment set space.

Next up, we’re bringing you Chapter Seven of The Voracious Resurgence! We’re heading back to Bastok in this installment, and one question looms over our allies: What role does Uran-Mafran have to play in all of this? The scope of the tale is only increasing in size, and I’m excited to see what twists and turns await us.

In more combat-oriented news, we're increasing the Master Level cap from 20 to 30. These new levels require more exemplar points than before, so I’d encourage you to treat it like a marathon rather than a sprint. We’re continuing to look into ways to make adjustments to the EXP grind, and at the moment we’re considering adding new places to grind in rather than making adjustments to existing ones. While we don’t have anything concrete to share at present, I’ll let you know as soon as there’s more news.

Those of you who enjoy Ambuscade will be pleased to know that both Normal and Intense Ambuscades feature all-new battles this month. Intense features a corse, while Normal features a Taurus. Rewards include a new corse-themed piece of equipment with a unique graphic. While you might be able to overpower your corse opponent using conventional means, I think the battle becomes even more exciting when you take into account the special abilities they can use.

For the Taurus battle, the key lies in how you handle the add spawning in the fight: do you engage, or do you ignore? Your decision may affect how the battle plays out.

Lately many of you might find yourself stuck indoors without really getting out to exercise, so I’d encourage you to remember to stretch your legs and maybe take a walk in between gaming sessions. I know that’s what I’ll be doing!

See you in Vana'diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation Timing Update Task and Details In-progress Task Details
February Record of Eminence ・Update monthly objectives -
February The Voracious Resurgence ・Add new rewards -
Content and System-related
February Ambuscade ・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Add new reward items
-
February Titles ・Add new titles -
February Storage ・Add Mog Wardrobe (optional paid service)
・Improvements to Mog House menu
・Add feature for transferring items between storages
-
February Macro Book ・Increase number of registerable macros -
February Equipment Sets ・Increase number of registerable sets -
February Recycle ・Add feature -
February Auto-Translate ・Add new phrases -
Battle-related
February Master Levels ・Increase cap -
February Areas ・Remove level difference penalty in certain areas -
Item-related
February Items ・Add new items -
February Porter Moogle ・Add to list of supported items -
February Primeval Brew ・Conclude reimbursement period -
February Mythic Weapons ・Adjust in-game process when trading Vigil weapons for completed Mythic weapons -