Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I'd like to talk about the Insane lengths required to have this game Operational on Monitors with 144hz to 500hz refresh rates.
    Game works just fine on my 144hz monitor. I suspect your issue lies elsewhere.
    (I mean yes, the game itself doesn't run at anything other than 30fps max without illicit tools, but it doesn't have any compatibility issue I can see with monitors set to higher refresh rates)

And in general, there shouldn't be any unusual issues running low FPS games on high refresh rate monitors. You just see the same image for more than one refresh of the monitor screen.

GPU sync features can help with any issues that do arise. It's not a fault of the game itself.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-14-2022 at 05:16 AM.

I thought maybe so, but I have gotten friends to try the game and everyone of them have the same issue.

V-Sync, G-Sync make no difference with the Native client, 29fps is way too low, it needs 60fps, even that is very low. I know its an PS2 game, but the fact is, there is a 60fps plugin which I know for a fact lots are using, along with dgvoodoo.

What is the reason SE can't add an option for 60fps, because lots of players already use a 3rdparty 60fps plugin?
    We need updated options.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    V-Sync, G-Sync make no difference with the Native client, 29fps is way too low, it needs 60fps, even that is very low.
    This is how the game was designed. It's not your PC, while the animations etc were made at 60 FPS, they had the game divide that by 2 becuase the PS2 couldn't do it. But then everything else in the game was designed around 30 FPS. Obviously external tools have shown you can increase the fps to 60 without issue; However, going higher than that the game doesn't work correctly, the animations were made at 60fps and if you go higher than that, it makes the animations play faster.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Paid race, name and gender change would make the anniversary worthwhile to me.

Long overdue.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Paid race, name and gender change would make the anniversary worthwhile to me.

Long overdue.
    They've previously said it won't happen. Don't think a memorable date is going to change that.
    (0)

Player
    Always the same old excuses not to update the game rightly...

SE had a lot of time to address that already instead of coming with excuses. Sad truth is that FFXI never trully ever got back all the money it generates over the years most of its profit since FFXIV went into XIV, right after XIV they should've thought about modernizing XI since it's a very different genre. SE definetly has the money to do it, and more and more people are wanting old game genres revivals and more challenging old school gameplay, nostalgia is a huge market that little by little is finding a faithful audience into every genre, from old school retro FPS games to things like Elden Ring for example. It's a matter of time before it reaches the MMO genre as well and people start wanting more classic MMO experiences instead of the current norm that is FFXIV style. Think of FFXIV as Call or Duty and FFXI as Doom, we need a Doom 2016 : ) . Compleatly different type of sub genre, can't compare and doesn't compete directly against one another.

I know MANY people that would love to pay and play XI bur can't get past all the barriers together: PlayOnline, resolution, 30FPS limit, very bad targeting and graphics, interface, instalation, account creation, UI not supporting mouse use nor having a basic shortcut bar, lack of hability to alt tab, etc., it's just too much altogether really. If it was just one of those, it would already be annoying but bearable, alas combining every one of those together is just too much. They should really incorporate some mods functions into the game already. At the very least. All those things truly are not much, not asking for huge changes or improvements, many games before XI did that and more with ease, many ports from consoles to PC improved games well beyond all I listed.

I'm just tired of SE always coming up with the same lackluster excuses not modernize XI, same goes for their "demasters" of VIII, IX and Chrono Cross. They should sell the old Final Fantasy and other IPs they don't care about to smaller companies that would do justice to them.

It's trully embarrassing and shameful the way they treat anything that doesn't make huge amounts of money like XIV or close to it, even if it once paid their bills and is an important part their heritage.

XI needs a Daybreak behind it, for all it's flaws, it treats EQ1 and 2 much better than SE does XI.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I'd like to talk about the Insane lengths required to have this game Operational on Monitors with 144hz to 500hz refresh rates.

Honestly, this game needs to have 60FPS, which it already has with a 3rdparty plugin, but not Official.
    This is crazy. Has anyone tried to play this game with such Monitors?

Jitter city, 29FPS game (locked by SE) on 360hz refresh rate Monitor, do it and make your eyes Bleed until your brain explodes.

SE need to address this!
    Yes, it's ridiculous. Only current solution are mods.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I have a friend that plays XIV, and she is always going on about wanting a hd graphics upgrade on that too.

Ain't gonna happen there either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkkp...=AsmongoldLive

its happening, so yea they need to stop Ignoring XI FFS
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkkp...=AsmongoldLive

its happening, so yea they need to stop Ignoring XI FFS
    Where there is a will, there is a way.

PS: maybe SE is waiting for FFXI players should come up with a crowd funding champaign for a XI remake, lol.
    (0)

So, about the 20th Anniversary.

Is that the big announcement, the Producer's recap of everything we already know that has been discussed in previous statements?
    (0)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast