Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    I wasn't expecting a complete remake or even an expansion, though they would be nice.

But they did say they would have some big surprise for the 20th anniversary, I was hoping a new type of content to go with the Master Level system at minimum.

However, my main concern is the locked Frame rate, this may seem silly, but let me tell you and SE for that matter, from my own personal experience, trying to get friends to try, to play this game, the moment they get it installed, which by the way is so much better with the updated Install and Config app, its not perfect but its getting better, they load up the game and instantly I get asked, how to change the Camera settings and the Jitter when moving it.

This is such a serious issue, which by the way, isn't quite as bad using a mouse for the Camera, but its still bad enough for them to notice instantly.

The game doesn't have Camera speed options for Controller users, this needs attention. (Camera speed = Left and Right Analog Sticks for movement of the character and the camera)
    The game is locked to 29FPS, this has been addressed by 3rdparty tools unlocking it to 60FPS, the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions are now defunct, so they cannot use that as an excuse anymore.

I feel with the FPS addressed Officially, possibly more people will give it a go, and at minimum its a huge QoL improvement.

Is there any place on this forum to post requests that get read by SE employees?
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was hoping a new type of content to go with the Master Level system at minimum.
    There is. There's new battle content coming that will enable the empyrean +1/+2 we've been begging for for years, plus a new line of super weapons.
    Master level will rise to a max of 50, that plus 10 subjob levels is a fairly notable increase in power, so obviously we need something that assumes we will have at least some of that power.

Is there any place on this forum to post requests that get read by SE employees?
    Anywhere on the forum. But it is preferred that if, for example, something concerns a particular job, you post it in that job's section.
    They also seem to take note of comments on the monthly digest threads.
    There is at least one community staff member I've spoken to who clearly reads the forums based on my interactions with them on Twitter; Just because they aren't posting doesn't mean they aren't reading.

Anything posted by them would be deemed official by the community, so them posting is limited to facts which have been cleared by SE, and customer support matters (like helping people who didn't get their event prizes).

They can't simply chit chat, because anything said by a community rep would be taken as gospel.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-18-2022 at 06:11 PM.

So I just turned on my computer and what am I greeted with?

A Temporary Ban on the Official FFXIV forums. Me, Temporarily Banned.

What did I say to get this you ask?

I simply noted that, Women give birth to children, not Men.

And apparently someone found that offensive.

Anyway, I might survive long enough on this forum to post a request in the Digest thread.

Though after this, I don't know if I want to bother.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    So I just turned on my computer and what am I greeted with?

A Temporary Ban on the Official FFXIV forums. Me, Temporarily Banned.

What did I say to get this you ask?

I simply noted that, Women give birth to children, not Men.

And apparently someone found that offensive.

Anyway, I might survive long enough on this forum to post a request in the Digest thread.

Though after this, I don't know if I want to bother.
    Many people have gotten suspensions over the years, and in particular on the FFXIV forum it's incredibly easy to get permabanned. I'm not going to comment on the potential reasons for the action other than to say, regardless of whether anyone is offended or not, it doesn't seem like it's a subject that has any relevance to this forum. Disclaimer: I didn't report you and I generally don't report anything other than blatant and obvious harassment.

And generally, on any forum you visit, complaining about your ban and discussing why you got banned on the forum where it happened is generally not a good idea.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8