Player

We could use new ilvl weapons with alternative damage types

Back in the 75 cap era, there were a number of weapons that dealt a different damage type than their category normally did. Examples would be Birdbanes doing Piercing damage instead of Blunt, Honebami doing Blunt instead of Slashing, Crude Sword doing Blunt instead of Slashing, etc. They didn't do extremely potent damage, but they allowed jobs to bring something more to the table and not be as limited.

I think a great opportunity to have resurrected these types of weapons has passed. Unity would have been perfect for it. Unless the dev team ever plans on expanding on Unity with new NMs (which they could!), that window has passed. Perhaps an ilvl extension of the Magian trial weapons or some other content could drop them.

One of the jobs that really could use weapons like this is Monk, which is extremely limited in Odyssey segment farming runs. Clearly, you can't keep Formless Strikes up fulltime to deal with this. It is quite possible to deal with their lack of options and make use of their strengths, but it is a hindrance and most groups would not be willing to adapt to that job.

This would also allow a little more flexibility in doing Odyssey NMs in a relaxed environment.
    (3)

I'll always welcome more options, but the big drawbacks to those weapons is that weaponskills still have the standard damage type. With so little of our total damage coming from white damage, i doubt they'd be very useful.
    (0)
    It's your server.