Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

The STF website must be broken

Reports are not being received by the Special Task Force. This is an obvious bug that needs addressing.

The only purpose of this post is to force you to read it. It is not a bug and I will not fill out the mock form. But you must read it and confirm it is not a bug. Thereby acknowledging someone has seen the post and proving either the site is broken or you're refusing to act on purpose.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Reports are not being received by the Special Task Force. This is an obvious bug that needs addressing.

The only purpose of this post is to force you to read it. It is not a bug and I will not fill out the mock form. But you must read it and confirm it is not a bug. Thereby acknowledging someone has seen the post and proving either the site is broken or you're refusing to act on purpose.

If you don't fill it out it will be ingored 100%. And when it is ignored, it will be a failiure on your part, not theirs, because you didn't follow hte proceedure. This is made worse by you stating you're clearly aware of this proceedure and choosing to disregard it. And by result of this, it proves nothing. You also made this post knowing full well there is a proceedure and knowing full well it will be ignored, while somehow thinking that the inevitable ignorance of your thread for not following proceedure somehow proves that they aren't willing to fix bugs (or something).

If i make a game and you play it and find a bug and write a post like this, I will 100% ignore it, because it doesn't give me any useful information. How do you know reports aren't being recieved? Are you analyzing the network traffic from the form? Or is this just you assuming that it's the case because you've reported the same bot a million times, and not because you actually know it's not working correctly? You do not get to "gotcha" me when I don't fix a bug because you said there is one but give no information on how to fix it. I'm not going to go on a wild goose chase when someone says "there's a bug" without them telling me how they found it. Counting the number of bricks on a wall would be a more productive use of my time than trying to search for a bug that may or may not exist reported by someone who may or may not have actually found something and isn't telling me how or when they found it.

Your logic is flawed. They have a clearly spelled out proceedure, and ignorance of said proceedure results in the report not being processed. Whether or not anyone read it is irrelevant. No software development team could possibly act on your report as it contains no useful information other than a claim that something isn't working without any proof that it isn't working nor steps to reproduce said malfunction. Their sticking your useless report in the trash can is not proof of them refusing to act. They CANNOT act because your "report" gives them nothing to act on. And yet, when the ineviitably move this thread to "Not a bug report" (because it isn't), you will claim victory even though you had no intention of being or doing anything helpful to anyone else, you are only here in an attempt to "gotcha" someone for "ignoring" your non-bug-report.

Also:

"This is an obvious bug"
    2 sentences later
    "This is not a bug."
    ????

And before you fling accusations of harassment, I'm asking legitimate questions and making legitimate observations that any normal person could or would make. If you treat the people around you (i.e. SE, me, anyone else) with contempt, said people are under no obligation to regard you any more highly. You aren't willing to treat them (or me, or anyone really) with respect, so why should they?

Side note: I filled out the form and found that the information in the form is indeed being sent to the server. Based on this, I can only conclude that there doesn't appear to be any such bug and you're filing a false report out of malice.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You ain't too bright. They'll ignore it. I said that already. But someone must read every bug report. Even the fake ones. So they can't pretend like they don't know about it.

But thanks for the visibility bump.
    (1)
    Last edited by Uriah; 01-19-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You ain't too bright. They'll ignore it.
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote, I know they will ignore it, because I would ignore it too. You didn't fill it out properly and according to their own proceedures, they SHOULD ignore it.

Visibillity bump? Nobody cares about this but you, and any such visibility becomes iirelevant once they move it to the Not a Bug Report forum and it becomes locked.

You're acting out of malice to "gotcha" SE for being forced to move this thread without finding your non-existent bug because you deliberately included no information for exactly that purpose, just so you can say "HA! they ignored it, that proves everything I said is true!"

As noted in edits above, I decided to go and try to find any malfunction in the form a nd I could not. All evidence available shows that it is working correctly. But I can't be completely sure, because you really didn't specify the exact problem, where it was, or how you made it happen- And this is either because you deliberately withheld this information or because you fabricated the bug.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    If they ever bother to attempt lie and say they didn't know the proof will be written in stone. The staff read "the bug" report and confirmed "insufficient information". Then proceeded to ignore it.

Or they can try to delete it, but I take screenshots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 01-19-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If they ever bother to attempt lie and say they didn't know the proof will be written in stone. The staff read "the bug" report and confirmed "insufficient information". Then proceeded to ignore it.
    Reading your thread and coming to a conclusion isn't ignorance.

Report Read. Conclusion: There is not enough information provided. No action is possible.

This doesn't prove ANYTHING. The only thing it could possibly prove is that you are engaging in malicious behavior.

You can not reasonably or seriously expect any software development company to read the report you provided, and go on a wild goose chase to find a bug that may or may not exist. If you provide no information, your report isn't helpful to anyone and SHOULD be ignored. Period. Why you want to go "HA! THey're ignoring my useless report!," I really have no idea. But ignoring this report is the correct course of action and any competent software development studio would do so.

The shortest way to say this might be: You're trying to fault them somehow for taking the correct course of action. Nonsensical.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Malicious or not I don't care. All I want is for it to get marked and moved. Thats proof enough.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Malicious or not I don't care. All I want is for it to get marked and moved. Thats proof enough.
    Oh, so what you mean to say is you just want to waste 30 seconds of someone's time? Why didn't you just say so?

I mean, all this proves is that someone is doing their job as they're supposed to. You posted a meaningless thread in the bug report section, so their job is to move it to where it belongs. Congrats, you proved there is a forum moderator and that they are doing their job correctly.

There are no words....
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-19-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It proves that one person is and that the STF is not.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not the STF's job to fix website bugs.

And since the forum operators move threads from here on a regular basis, your thread wasn't needed to prove that.

It's fine for you to fault the STF for not doing their job, but this isn't part of their job in the first place.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast