Player

Allow players to goto any mog house

FFXI has lots of different types of mog houses, one for nearly every expansion.

Can you allow us to travel to any of our mog houses, such as WoTG, Adoulin, Home Nations (S) from the mog exit door?

This would give us the kind of feeling to our mog houses that it has rooms.

Mog house
    > goto 2nd floor
    > goto mog garden
    > goto Wings of the Godess Mog house
    > goto Adoulin Mog house
    > goto ToaU mog house
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-13-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it already has 2 rooms, and you can change them to look like the others (okay, would be nice to also be able to take on the al zhabi, jeuno and audolin MH rooms). But as proposed this would be silly unless it moved you between those locations, which is largely unnecessary as you can already teleport to just outside those locations.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    unless it moved you between those locations.
    That would be ideal as it would save a zone
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    That would be ideal as it would save a zone
    The only reason I wouldn't be against this absurd tier of laziness is the inventory load times that really shouldn't exist.
    (0)

Player
    The load times are there because the developers are trying to do things the game was never designed to do, having load times with wardrobes > not having them at all.

Also it's not a laziness issue, it's a QoL ambience type thing. It would feel kind of cool to be able to swap between mog houses like that, as if they have rooms and are all linked.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-16-2022 at 06:00 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The load times are there because the developers are trying to do things the game was never designed to do, having load times with wardrobes > not having them at all.

Also it's not a laziness issue, it's a QoL ambience type thing. It would feel kind of cool to be able to swap between mog houses like that, as if they have rooms and are all linked.
    I understand this, but if they had the time to modernize the networking subsystem so that they could transfer the data faster than 56k dial-up speed without impacting other things, it would make everything a lot more pleasant.

But really, I feel like warping between mog houses when there's a home point right outside all of them is just too far into ultra-lazy territory. If we wanted to get any more lazy, we'd just add a feature to the moogle to directly warp us into instanced contents without having to leave the MH. i.e. basically play everything directly from one location. It really kind of destroys any sense of being in or part of the game world.
    (0)

Player
    Programmers from the past used limitations of the engine as rails to create code on, increasing the data cap might break the whole game. FPS caps are prime examples where progammers used that fps cap to control animation speeds.

The only hope they would ever do this, will come with the new inventory system they are adding. If they don't do it then, they are never going to do it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes, I've done work in game dev, so I understand the constraints dev teams deal with, and with time comes refinement of techniques. But I can still think wishfullly. >.>
    (0)