Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

January 2022 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (4)

Character
    Shuko
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Happy new year to your team as well, I'll note that its a very small list for an update, but the update size was over 1000 files, I think you guys have a big secret for us in Feb?
    (1)
    Our Linkshell website: https://vsaints.com/

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Thank you very much for the updates to Odyssey NM Vengeance level and english localization fixes. much appreciated.
    Please Please Please add Moglophone stacking like Incantrix does for us with Mystical Canteens.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Thank you very much for the updates to Odyssey NM Vengeance level and english localization fixes. much appreciated.
    Please Please Please add Moglophone stacking like Incantrix does for us with Mystical Canteens.
    If they did this, the congestion would be insane. It would take an hour to get in during prime time on some servers.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    That's an AsuraProblem that almost no other server suffers from at all.

They can server transfer to get around those pesky wait times.
    (1)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

didnt know where to put this because the feedback section is just for the webpage.

I didnt know where to put this because the feedback section in the forum is just for the webpage but. i have ffxi set up in vr, on a 4,000 inch screen. everything works no problems no lag, better graphics etc. but i cannot use my keyboard or mouse in virtual, and i know they are developing that more now, but in the meantime it would be nice if the keyboard you can bring up with the buttons on your gamepad was full keyboard, with numpad for movement and with the virtual keyboard they have in oculus the enter key and function keys do not work, so alot of functionality is missing. I just thought i would address this because in the future probably everyone will be playing this in VR. Thanks for an awesome 20 years, and a great 14 years for me. Wonderful Job guys, and girls. Also, Happy New Year, and Best Wishes on all your future Development.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Other feedback not relating to the website or the Digest simply goes in whatever category is relevant. Jobs, General Discussion, etc.

i would address this because in the future probably everyone will be playing this in VR
    VR is and will continue be a niche product and experience both now and for the forseeable future. I would certainly never play a game from the early age of 3D in VR (much less anything else). Myself and many other people may also have vision problems that hinder the 3D experience, and VR also can give a lot of people headaches or motion sickness. For these reasons you shouldn't ever expect VR to become the standard gaming experience.

Since the game does not officially support VR and likely never will, I don't see them making changes to facilitate VR play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-21-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    lol theyve been saying VR is the future since the 90's... not ognna happen anytime soon. The tech has advanced quite a bit but its still very limited and has the mentioned problems with headaches etc.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    lol theyve been saying VR is the future since the 90's... not ognna happen anytime soon. The tech has advanced quite a bit but its still very limited and has the mentioned problems with headaches etc.
    Yeah, if ever fully does then it still has a lot of obstacles to overcome, {just adding to it as well }
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Other feedback not relating to the website or the Digest simply goes in whatever category is relevant. Jobs, General Discussion, etc.

VR is and will continue be a niche product and experience both now and for the forseeable future. I would certainly never play a game from the early age of 3D in VR (much less anything else). Myself and many other people may also have vision problems that hinder the 3D experience, and VR also can give a lot of people headaches or motion sickness. For these reasons you shouldn't ever expect VR to become the standard gaming experience.

Since the game does not officially support VR and likely never will, I don't see them making changes to facilitate VR play.
    Thats awful that people get sick from it. I realize its not for everyone. but that isnt what i posted it up for. its not about whether or not u and your friends can use VR its about whether SE is capable of making changes that could increase the keyboard, maybe even add a mouse function, or work with oculus on getting the enter key and function keys to work on theirs. I am just trying to find new ways to enjoy the game i love most. I mean no disrespect, and I am not angry, about the issue. I would just like to make it so i can play it on VR while i still have the last of my vision, and while im still young.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast