Player

Please don't increase Mlevel too fast

There should be big gaps between each increase in Mlevel, maybe 6+ months or more before we get another. Then similar gaps between each time.

Firstly, the hardcore players will eat everything you put on the table and then ask "ok now what?". Giving these people too much too soon is counter-productive, they have no internal mechanisms to control themselves. So you need to ration this desired content out slower. They won't thank you for giving it all to them on a plate, they will just get no sleep or grind that stuff out like animals and then get mad when they have nothing to do in a month after pulling 20 hour days grinding it all out out.

They are literally like dogs, you give them a weeks worth of food and they will eat it all in one sitting till they look like a beachball. They will then look at you whining for food the next day like you're starving them to death.

Secondly, the slower more casual players need more time to make progress, a lot more. If you don't do this, the hardcore players will all be /99 and the casual players will still be capping out job points.

Thirdly, it adds too much stress to keep pushing forward to get to that cap for everyone. As much as I enjoy gettting these new XP points, I don't like feeling I have to do it and I do feel that sometimes. FOMO is a thing and we are very susceptible to it. I wanna log in and do other stuff too, the faster you keep adding the more pressure we feel to be doing that thing.

It will be a massive mistake to add new Mlevels too fast.

Also I have to say the current system is kind of broken, and I think many would greatly appreciate it if you added an NPC that allowed them to transfer Mlevel (and capacity points) from one job to another. For instance back in the day I grinded merits out on Bard because it was easy to get invites and everyone wanted one. We need this back for Job points and Mlevel.

Maybe add a system to trade CP or EP to Odoro and we get a scroll to use on other jobs? Maybe at a ratio of 3-4>1 (cause yes I get you want to promote people to use other jobs)
    (5)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-11-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    were to start...
    i feel m levels should come out every other month. maybe every 3 months. i should not be punished cause others choose not to focus it. 2 my progress should NEVER be dictated by another players play time. i am all for others playing at their pace. but it should NEVER dictate mine. ( i have a few new players as friends that when they hit 99 ill party with them get them jp and ill get m level xp) more content is always a good thing. and i will say playing with friends and making your own party kinda fixes the i don't want your job problem. and ill say it what pressure? i mean in my group i run with i could bring a fresh 119 with ambascade gear no jp or merits and id still be welcome. so i guess i don't agree with ya. just how i feel no disrespect intended.
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm going to second releasing master levels on a smooth, tight timeline. Five or ten levels every three updates is plenty slow enough - and I'm saying this as someone who has no jobs at master level 20 and feels a bit lacking for it.

If master levels were dragged out to a two and a half year process (or six years if it goes to 250 as some theorize it may!), I feel like it'd severely cripple the release of new content. We'd wait three years to get the newest endgame event, or it would be tuned to a level that's literally impossible to achieve for another two years, or it would be targeted to what we have now and it would wind up just being too easy a few updates later again.

Some people will rush to the next master level cap as soon as possible when it's released. If that's how they want to play, why stop them? Those are generally the same players who are going to look at their LS mates and say "oh hey, let me give you a hand getting some stuff done, I'm bored anyway lol."

Actually, you know what would be really cool at this point? A roadmap showing roughly where master level is going to end up, when it's anticipated to be nudged up, and what kind of content is coming alongside it to know where players are "expected" to be for new stuff.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm happy enough with their progressing plans moving at a pace where an ordinary person can keep up with it without having to resort to some crazy method of getting xp fast.
    (1)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree about not increasing master levels too fast

But only because I want time to max every job for mastery rank purposes and it takes sooooo long, lol
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'd like +10 levels in 3 months from now, then +5 levels every 3 months thereafter until M99.
    (0)