Character
    Daminachi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 60

I have an issue with transferring Gils

Recently I have noticed that I have been "blocked" or "Prevented" from trading over One Million gils when I used to be able to trade more. Why is that? I have gained my gils in a legitimate manners without cheating nor have used illicit site to gain those gils and yet I seem to have been flagged for something as being just plain lucky with the Daily Goblin chest and selling the obtained item in the Auction House? I would like to understand why I am locked at a One Million trade limit.
    (0)
    Last edited by DamiFides; 01-20-2022 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Adding signature

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it's gil, not gils. I don't have much else I can tell you though, because I don't go handing out millions of gil to people left and right, so I have never encountered this. All I can suggest is contacting a GM if you feel that this is not supposed to be the way it is.
    (0)

Character
    Daminachi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    it's gil, not gils. I don't have much else I can tell you though, because I don't go handing out millions of gil to people left and right, so I have never encountered this. All I can suggest is contacting a GM if you feel that this is not supposed to be the way it is.
    Gil is singular and Gils is plural. And I DID contact a GM they are the one that sent me here, AFTER I was sent to them by the support center. And if you don't have million of gils then you dunno how to make cash. Which is now super easy adding to the fact I said how I did mines. Also I'm not sending them to peoples left and right but to just ONE character of mine on My account.
    (0)
    Last edited by DamiFides; 01-20-2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Adding signature

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

The delivery box system has had a one (1) million gil limit for as long as I can remember (which really isn't saying much as my memory can be pretty bad, but let's call it several years at the very least).

Trading to another character directly does not have this limit.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Daminachi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 60
    I see, I didn't think it had one since I though I could have traded more before.
    (0)
    Last edited by DamiFides; 01-20-2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Adding signature

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Gil is singular and Gils is plural.
    This is incorrect. It is always "gil" whether it is single or plural. Note your inventory interface, it will always say "current gil" whether you have one or a million. NPCs throughout the entire game will always tell you that you have 1234567 gil, not 1234567 gils.
    Nowhere in the game, or on the community site or other official documentation is "gils" ever used. It is very much like the Japanese currency, Yen. It is always just "Yen," never "Yens."

I see, I didn't think it had one since I though I could have traded more before.
    Well, I did assume you were talking person-to-person since you said "trade" rather than delivery.

I do apologize for being pedantic about terminology, I just find it important to be precise as ambiguity can cause frustration.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-11-2022 at 06:08 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DamiFides
    And if you don't have million of gils then you dunno how to make cash.
    For clarity's sake, I do know how to make cash. I was saying I don't routinely trade it to others or send it through the delivery box system. All of my transactions occur through the Auction House or Bazaar. Hopefully that clears up that misunderstanding. I've built a complete Relic weapon with 119 augment, and that is quite costly.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DamiFides View Post
    That's clearly all he cares about, since he is still posting after I had my answer.
    You don't know me at all. I come here and discuss topics with civility and intent to contribute. I'm not here to "win" anything or any other negative purpose you might imagine me having. I am a target for abuse on these forums purely because I have the most posts- And I really don't care about this statistic but apparently it is justification enough for people to harp on me for the crime of engaging in civilized discussion.

I'm not here to argue, I'm here to discuss. I already gave you my apology for my pedantry. It wasn't necessary for anyone else to butt in and criticize me for nothing. I'm really tired of getting gangbanged just because I post, especially when I acknowledged my own faults. And because you tried to suggest "I don't know how to make money, a statement which is not true, I felt I had to clarify what I wrote because you came to the wrong conclusion.

If a certain someone hadn't decided to waste time berating me, this thread would have been over at least 4 posts ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-12-2022 at 06:21 AM.